Hanoians able to breath fresh air today
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the capital city today was in the range of from 27 to 56.
Hanoians woke up today breathing healthier air, the Hanoi Department of Natural Resources and Environment said, reporting that the city's air quality was mostly at the good level this morning.
| AQI recorded at https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn on Jan. 17 morning|
On January 17 morning, the department’s Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP) said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at ten monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 27 to 56.
Specifically, 7/10 monitoring stations which recorded AQI at good level (green) included Tan Mai (27), Tay Mo (34), Trung Yen (35), Minh Khai (38), Hoan Kiem (39), Kim Lien (43), and My Dinh (44).
Compared to air quality a day earlier, the AQI decreased considerably with the highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (56) and Hang Dau (55).
The AEP said Hanoi's air quality improves thanks to the cold front that came last night. The northeast monsoon which arrived in Hanoi yesterday evening causes drizzle and helps reduce dust in the air and circulate air flow.
The AEP still recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
Information on the capital city’s air quality is continuously updated at the website: https://moitruongthudo.vn/ and https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn/.
- Hanoi, Vientiane share experience in improving efficiency of elected bodies
- Hanoi and Hoa Binh join hands to promote agro-produce sale
- Hanoi commits to taking relations with Vientiane to new height
- Prices of flowers and fruits for July full moon day up in Hanoi
- Exhibition enhances Hanoi-Vientiane relationship
- Hanoi-Vientiane cooperation strengthened in all spheres
- Hanoi, Vientiane cooperation should be model for both sides: Vietnamese top leader
- Hanoi VCFA eyes stronger Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- Hanoi accompanies Vientiane on road toward prosperity: Mayor
- Hanoi, Vientiane to set example in inter-provincial cooperation
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Vietnam seeks ways to boost competitiveness of tourism
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation