Hanoians able to breath fresh air today
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the capital city today was in the range of from 27 to 56.
Hanoians woke up today breathing healthier air, the Hanoi Department of Natural Resources and Environment said, reporting that the city's air quality was mostly at the good level this morning.
| AQI recorded at https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn on Jan. 17 morning|
On January 17 morning, the department’s Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP) said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at ten monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 27 to 56.
Specifically, 7/10 monitoring stations which recorded AQI at good level (green) included Tan Mai (27), Tay Mo (34), Trung Yen (35), Minh Khai (38), Hoan Kiem (39), Kim Lien (43), and My Dinh (44).
Compared to air quality a day earlier, the AQI decreased considerably with the highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (56) and Hang Dau (55).
The AEP said Hanoi's air quality improves thanks to the cold front that came last night. The northeast monsoon which arrived in Hanoi yesterday evening causes drizzle and helps reduce dust in the air and circulate air flow.
The AEP still recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
Information on the capital city’s air quality is continuously updated at the website: https://moitruongthudo.vn/ and https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn/.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world