Hanoi’s air quality on December 5 improves considerably
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 75 to 108.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been mostly at the average level and improved markedly, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On December 5, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 75 to 108.
The AQI at almost monitoring stations stayed at the average level, much lower than the readings in the previous day.
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality has been mostly at the bad level. Up to now, there have been significant improvements and today’s AQI was better than yesterday’s.
| Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet|
The highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (108) and Hang Dau (106), Minh Khai (104). Other areas had AQI below 85 such as Tay Mo (83), Tan Mai (79), Kim Lien (75).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi sets economic growth target of 7% in 2024
- Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
- Hanoi to spend $400 million on fire prevention
- Hanoi plans to relocate more universities
- Hanoi upholds heritage education for students
- Amended Capital Law helps bolster urban railway connectivity to Hanoi’s periphery
- Hanoi to pilot two bicycle lanes
- Hanoi targets to generate 130MW from waste-to-energy by 2024
- Hanoi culinary festival 2023 opens
- Amended Capital Law ensures sufficient resources for Hanoi’s development quest: Mayor
Perth fashion show marks 50 years of Vietnam-Australia ties
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Veteran journalist's memoir recalls great moments in history
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries