Hanoi’s air quality still bad as Tet nears
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in Hanoi on January 21 was in the range of from 111 to 163.
Hanoi’s air quality on January 21, three day before the first day of the Lunar New Year, worsened to levels that severely affect human health, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On January 21 afternoon, the AEP informed that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 111 to 163.
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
The AEP stressed that the AQI went orange and red in many areas, particularly Hang Dau (163), Minh Khai (159), Hoan Kiem (144), Kim Lien (123), Tan Mai (113), among others.
In the previous days, Hanoi's air quality had positive changes, with the AQI was mostly at the good and average levels at all ten monitoring stations. However, the readings recorded on January 21 increased.
Traffic flows intensify these days in Hanoi as people rush to shop typical items for Tet celebrations.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world