Hanoi’s streets covered by flamboyant flowers in summer
The blooming flamboyant flowers signal the beginning of summer and the end of the school year.
Hanoi’s streets, parks and lakes are adorned with the burning red of flamboyant flowers in June.
Flamboyant, also known as flame tree, flowers are in full bloom in many roads and lakes such as West Lake, Truc Bach Lake, To Lich River in the summer.
Flame tree flowers are considered the iconic flora of summer in Hanoi. The variety blooms from April to June annually.
The flamboyant flowers are familiar with students across the country as the trees are planted extensively in school yards. The blooming flowers signal the end of the school year.
This flower has four petals with red-orange or magenta.
A branch of flame tree flowers in Thanh Nien street, around West Lake.
Flame trees near Truc Bach Lake.
A tricycle under the shade of the flame trees.
Braving the scorching heat, a Hanoian girl and photographer wasted no time taking the typical snapshots of Hanoi's summer at the line of blossoming flame trees.
Photos: Pham Hung (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Bucida molinetii with small green leaves, amazingly photogenic corners in Hanoi
- Hanoi coated with charming vibrancy of brilliant yellow flowers
- Docynia Indica blossoms brighten Vietnam’s northwest region
- Hanoians enjoy stunning beauty of Sua flowers
- Japanese cherry blossoms in the heart of Hanoi
- Dreamy beauty of Hanoi in leaf-changing season
- Hanoians decorate stunning wild pear flowers after Tet
- Exciting dance of ‘girls playing drums’
- Exploring unique Thi Cam Rice Cooking Contest in Hanoi
Economic – science cooperation key pillar in Vietnam-US relations: Party chief
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world