HoSE’s new system set to go online on July 5
The system is capable of processing up to five million transaction orders.
The new transaction system for the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HoSE) provided by IT firm FPT is set to go online since July 5.
|HoSE's new system is set to launch in early July. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
The IT service provider said it has resolved all technical issues of the new system, which is under the testing process with the participation of 73 securities companies.
At present, FPT is seeking approval from the Ministry of Finance for the launch of the system, while working on transferring data from the old to a new one, shutting down the old system, and developing a working mechanism for the new system.
The new system needs consent from related parties, including the Vietnam Stock Exchange (VNX), Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX), and the Securities Depository (VSD).
In the second phase, the HoSE and FPT would cooperate in checking on the system's security and privacy.
The HoSE General Director, Le Hai Tra, noted that the new system is expected to process three to five million orders per session, which is more than capable of addressing the current overload issue on the existing system.
In the past six months, a surge of transaction orders well above the limit of up to 900,000 transactions per day has been behind frequent crashes on HoSE’s current trading system, causing frustration among investors.
Along with the system developed by FPT, the HoSE is testing a new stock trading system from the Korea Exchange from June 14- August 6, with a view for it to be launched later this year.
Once the process is completed, this would replace the system from the FPT, Tra said.
- Central bank raises forex rate fourth time in 2022
- Key issues discussed for better e-commerce tax collection
- Vietnam’s 9-month budget revenue equals 94% of year’s target
- Vietnam c.bank raises policy rates first time in two years
- Central bank rules out expanding credit growth target
- Vietnam's bond market expands to nearly $100 billion
- Authorities urged to address businesses' “inflating” capital
- Central bank considers expanding credit quota for well-run banks
- Finance ministry offers redemption path for FLC-linked stocks
- Standard Chartered expects Vietnam’s recovery to stay strong this year
Hanoi's GRDP growth surges 9.69% in nine months
Vietnam records first monkeypox case
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100