International children draw Hanoi
The painting contest helps nurture the love for peace and strengthen friendship among children.
More than 300 local and expat children have joined an international painting contest entitled “I love Hanoi - City for peace” launched on November.
|The contest is expected to spread the love for peace and Hanoi among children. Photo: Dangcongsan|
The contest is a chance to help children show their artistic potential and boost friendship, attracting those living in Hanoi from different countries like Australia, France, Italy, South Korea, and Switzerland.
Ly Thi Thuy Hanh, Director of the Hanoi City Cultural Center, Organizing Committee Deputy, said that the contest educates children's love for peace, promotes the beauty of Hanoi, and arouses a passion for painting among children.
According to the jury, many paintings leave a great impression on them in terms of ideas, colors, and composition, including a painting of a shoulder-pole vendor by Amélie Lam Carlet Soulages from France and a painting of a group of children of different skin colors walking hand in hand on the Huc Bridge, by Tran Bao Ngan, from Vietnam.
The drawing contest has awarded one First Prize, three Second Prizes, five Third Prizes, and 10 Consolation Prizes, and a number of special and sub-prize prizes for the winners.
A Hanoi student, Nguyen Thu Giang, won the first prize with a painting of a brilliant Nhat Tan Bridge in a starlit sky.
|Little participants in the drawing contest. Photo: Dangcongsan|
- Painter Dao Hai Phong: No path strewn with roses
- Tet paintings in the home of Hanoians
- Vietnam-Korea Art Exhibition to foster friendship
- Painting exhibition on oriental culture opens in Hanoi
- “Amazing Vietnam” - Photo contest to promote tourism
- Precious documents and artifacts of Vietnam’s first university exhibited
- Exhibition on the history of Vietnamese lotus flowers opens
- Dreamy beauty of women in Ngo Minh Cau’s paintings
- Exhibition shows Vietnamese resilience and bravery in air defense
- International children draw Hanoi
Vietnam is 10th worldwide in remittance
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Ha Long Bay among top ten most incredible tourist attractions people should visit once in life
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy