Mar 24, 2018 / 17:16
Japanese businesses keen on Hai Phong's economic growth
Japanese businesses have become an important part of Hai Phong’s economy, stated Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Le Van Thanh at a conference to promote Japan’s investment and tourism in the northern port city on March 24.
Hai Phong's Tan Vu - Lach Huyen Bridge, Vietnam's longest cross-sea bridge
The Hai Phong Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion Centre signed seven memoranda of understanding on cooperation with Japanese companies.
Speaking at the event, Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Umeda Kunio highlighted the growth of ties between Japan and Hai Phong as reflected through several Vietnam – Japan trade pacts on major projects in the city.
Japanese technologies have been used in building the local Tan Vu bridge and port, he added.
Vu Tien Loc, Chairman of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), said Hai Phong has convenient infrastructure and is active in institutional reform, saying they are plus points in attracting investors.
He said he expects 60 participating investors will promote the locality’s favourable business climate to their Japanese peers.
He stated attracting investment from Japan is a goal set by the Vietnamese government and Hai Phong authorities in particular.
As of February 2018, Japan had 134 FDI projects capitalised at 4.31 billion USD in Hai Phong, ranking first in volume and second in value.
Hai Phong’s tourism-culture cooperation with Japanese localities has also recorded upbeat outcomes, with frequent delegation exchanges, cultural exchanges, trade promotion events, and joint educational programmes.
- Thang Long Industrial Park urged to streamline administrative procedures for manufacturers
- Vietnam leads top choice for global investors: Cushman & Wakefield
- Vietnam-Singapore III Industrial Park to be built in Binh Duong this month
- Vietnam Prime Minister approves three industrial parks
- Recruitment demand of foreign manufacturers surges in 2021
- New industrial project expected to lure high-tech investment in Thai Binh
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Strong FDI brings gold for Vietnam’s industrial zone developers
- Foreign investment fuels industrial real estate in Vietnam
- Many foreign investors eye industrial property in Vietnam: JLL
Cultural activities celebrate 68th anniversary of Capital Liberation Day
CNN continues to promote Hanoi tourism: Robert Bradley
Communication essential to ease traffic problems: Experts
Local firms urged to stay proactive in intellectual property protection
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index