July 14: Vietnam goes 88 days without local coronavirus infections
All recently coronavirus cases are imported.
Vietnam, which shares a long border with China, has reported no new infections in the community since April 16, lengthening the streak without local transmission to 88 days.
|Vietnam's recent infections are imported. Photo: PLO|
As of July 14, Vietnam has confirmed 373 coronavirus infected cases. All the recently-found infections are imported, according to the Ministry of Health.
The recent cases are Vietnamese nationals who returned to the country on repatriation flights.
As an effort to keep its citizens safe, Vietnam has been operating repatriation flights from different parts of the world to bring home more than 14,000 people.
So far, as many as 350 Covid-19 patients have recovered, accounting for 94.1% of the total patients.
Especially, all 50 foreign Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have been cured and discharged from hospital. Of the foreigners, Patient No.91 or a British man who worked as a pilot for national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines was made an amazing recovery and arrived in his country on July 12 in good health.
This special case has made headlines as he underwent 116 days under treatment in two hospitals in the southern metropolis of Ho Chi Minh, the longest period compared to all other Covid-19 patients in Vietnam. He was on life support for days and only 10% of his lungs were functional at one point.
So far, Vietnam reports no single death by Covid-19.
- Vietnam steps up vigilance against deadly Marburg
- British couple thank Vietnamese health workers for saving their lives
- Vietnam closely monitors passengers from H5N1-stricken areas
- Hanoi to reduce third childbirth rate this year
- A Hanoi elite citizen with 24 years caring for people’s health
- Vietnam shows leading role in regional health services: US CDC
- Vietnam strengthens supervision at border gates to monitor new Covid-19 variants
- US, Vietnam can rely on each other: CDC
- Hanoi to ensure of Covid-19 vaccination course for children aged 5-11
- Hanoi to ensure medicine supply during Tet holiday
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world