June 14: British pilot Covid-19 patient in Vietnam recovers 'miraculously'
In a magic way, the man has been breathing for 48 hours without ventilator support.
Vietnam’s most gravely-ill Covid-19 patient, a British man, has no longer needed antibiotics and recovering phenomenally, the Ministry of Health said Sunday.
| The British patient is under treatment at a Ho Chi Minh City hospital|
The man, 43, designated as Patient No.91, has been breathing without support from a ventilator for 48 hours.
Local media cited the ministry that the man has recovered in a magic way after days in critical condition. He has been conscious of everything surrounding and able to sit on a wheelchair for sunbathing.
He has remembered passwords of his mobile phone and iPad, according to Cho Ray Hospital where he is being treated.
As of June 14, Vietnam has confirmed 334 coronavirus cases, including 58% imported.
So far, the country has undergone 59 days without local infections.
As many as 323 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have recovered, accounting for 96.7% of the case count.
At present, more than 10,000 people are under quarantine, including Vietnamese citizens returning the country on repatriation flights.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, who heads the National Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, said at a National Assembly session on June 13 that Vietnam’s initial success in the fight against the virus is thanks to the country’s early response that was one step ahead the World Health Organization (WHO) alert.
- Heartbeat Vietnam celebrates 10,000 congenital heart saves
- Vietnam to establish warehouses for orphan drugs
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
Hanoi eyes new industrial parks to lure foreign investors
Vietnam News Highlights for June 9, 2023
Photo Hanoi'23 drives capital's culture and art development
Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
Michelin stars to motivate Vietnamese cuisine
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet