Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
Vietnam has undergone 70 days without local transmission.
Three more people in Vietnam have tested positive for the novel coronavirus on June 24, taking the case count to 352.
|Protective measures applied for people from affected areas. Photo: PLO|
The latest three patients are Vietnamese citizens returning from Kuwait in a repatriation flight on June 16, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
They, together with other returnees, have been quarantined after landing, posing no contagion threat to the community, the committee said.
Under Vietnam’s regulations, all people from elsewhere outside the country need to undergo 14-day mandatory quarantine after they reach Vietnamese soil.
So far, the number of people recovered from Covid-19 are 329, accounting for 94.3% of the total infections.
Meanwhile, nearly 7,200 people are under quarantine at different locations across the country.
As of June 25, Vietnam has undergone 70 days without local transmission, enabling it to reopen the economy. The country is boosting domestic tourism while keeping its borders closed to foreign visitors.
Vietnam has suspended the entry of foreign visitors since March 22. Only diplomatic, experts, corporate managers, and skilled workers have been allowed to enter the country since then with safety regulations required.
- Vietnam steps up vigilance against deadly Marburg
- British couple thank Vietnamese health workers for saving their lives
- Vietnam closely monitors passengers from H5N1-stricken areas
- Hanoi to reduce third childbirth rate this year
- A Hanoi elite citizen with 24 years caring for people’s health
- Vietnam shows leading role in regional health services: US CDC
- Vietnam strengthens supervision at border gates to monitor new Covid-19 variants
- US, Vietnam can rely on each other: CDC
- Hanoi to ensure of Covid-19 vaccination course for children aged 5-11
- Hanoi to ensure medicine supply during Tet holiday
Vietnam, Australia eye stronger multifaced cooperation
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam's GDP growth expands by 3.32% in Q1
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world