June 8: Vietnam has 3 fresh coronavirus cases, 95% of patients cured
Up to 49 out of 50 foreign patients have been cured while Vietnam is doing its utmost to save a British pilot's life.
Vietnam confirmed three new Covid-19 positives on June 8, taking the tally to 332, of them 58% are imported, according to the Ministry of Health.
|British patient wakes up from coma and smiled again. Photo: Cho Ray Hospital|
The three new cases are Vietnamese nationals returning from overseas and were quarantined upon arrival in Vietnam.
Meanwhile, the number of people recovered from Covid-19 reached 316, accounting for 95.2% of total infections. 49 out of 50 foreign patients have been cured.
The remaining 16 patients are under treatment at seven health facilities, with health conditions being stable, five of them have tested negative for the virus.
On the same day, local media cited the Ministry of Health that Vietnam’s most critical Covid-19 patient, a 43-year-old British pilot, has his lung function recovered 60%. Insurance companies are likely to pay roughly VND3.5 billion (US$152,000) for his treatment.
More than 9,000 people are under quarantine. But the number is estimated to rise in the coming days from repatriated Vietnamese citizens.
So far, Vietnam has experienced 53 days without local infection.
In comparison with regional countries, Vietnam’s infections are pretty low, in contrast with Singapore with 38,296, Indonesia with 32,033, the Philippines 22,474, Malaysia 8,329, and Thailand 3,119.
- Vingroup receives Covid-19 vaccine technology from US firm
- Vietnam to receive some 50 mln Pfizer vaccine doses in late 2021
- Vingroup builds vaccine plant amid Vietnam’s Covid-19 infection surge
- Vietnam receives additional 1.2 mln AstraZeneca vaccine doses
- JICA provides Vietnam with 1,600 cold storage boxes for vaccine preservation
- ADB boosts climate resilience in Vietnam's health system
- Vietnam deploys platform for Covid-19 vaccination registration
- Vietnam approves Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use
- International Day of Yoga scaled down due to Covid-19
- Vietnam gives nod to Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine
Vietnam welcomes US-Mekong relations for sustainable development
China pledges more Covid-19 vaccines for ASEAN
ASEAN-Japan accelerate cooperation in Covid-19 response
Today’s Covid News: Ho Chi Minh City coronavirus infections surpass 100,000
UK donated Covid-19 vaccine arrives in Vietnam
Vietnam textile industry struggles to keep market share
First batch of Vietnamese frozen dracontomelon fruit exported to Australia
US Vice-President Kamala Harris to visit Vietnam next month
Hanoi restaurants win 2021 TripAdvisor’s Awards