March 14: One new coronavirus patient in Vietnam linked to ‘super infector’
The latest patient has become the 11th person linked to the 34th case so far.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on Saturday morning confirmed another Ho Chi Minh City resident positive with the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) linked to the 34th case in Vietnam, who has become the largest source of contagion in the country.
| A policeman is seen on duty at a quarter under lockdown due to the coronavirus in Binh Thuan province.|
The latest positive case, a -31-year-old man, traveled on the same car with the 45th case, and both were in close contact with the 34th case.
He has become the 11th person linked to the 34th case so far and the second case detected in Ho Chi Minh City over the past two days.
The 34th patient, a 51-year-old business woman, flew to the United State with a stopover in South Korea’s Incheon airport on February 22 and returned to Ho Chi Minh City transiting through Qatar on March 2. She went back home in Binh Thuan province on a family car after spending some time in Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam has reported 48 people infected with the virus at the time of writing.
To date, the northern province of Vinh Phuc has reported the largest number of infections, 11, and all have recovered. The central city of Binh Thuan, home to the 34th case, has nine patients, followed by Hanoi (7) and Ho Chi Minh City (6).
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Hanoi Best Singing Voice Contest 2022 launched
Vietnam’s businesses urged to stay active in FTA utilization
Hanoi's students participate in fire safety knowledge training
One Year After, One Year Lost
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi