March 19: Vietnam reports 9 new Covid-19 cases, including 4 in Hanoi
The new cases announced on March 19 have lifted the toll of infections in the country to 85, including 16 cured and discharged from hospital by February 26.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on Thursday night confirmed nine more people infected with the new coronavirus, all coming from overseas, with eight being Vietnamese citizens and one American.
| All the new cases confirmed on March 19 came from overseas. |
Among the new cases, four have been found in Hanoi and all are students studying in the United Kingdom and aged between 20 and 25. “Patient 77” and “patient 78” arrived in Hanoi from the UK on March 17. The two other Hanoians, identified as “patient 84” and “patient 85” came back to the home country on March 18.
The four are now under treatment at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Dong Anh district and in stable health condition.
The other five new patients are now in Ho Chi Minh City and arrived in the city on March 15 from London, Paris, and Istanbul.
The new cases announced on March 19 have lifted the toll of infections in the country to 85. Among 15 localities with Covid-19 patients, Hanoi takes the lead with 24, followed by Ho Chi Minh City (17, of them three have been cured), Vinh Phuc province (11, all discharged) and Binh Thuan province (9).
Sixteen patients were cured before February 26. Of the 69 active cases, two are in severe condition due to existing illnesses and the rest are in stable status. Five have tested negative for the virus and one can be discharged from hospital soon.
Vietnam entered the second phase of the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic on March 6 when the 17th case in the country was found in Hanoi.
- Heartbeat Vietnam celebrates 10,000 congenital heart saves
- Vietnam to establish warehouses for orphan drugs
- Vietnam aims to be ASEAN's vaccine production hub
- Vietnam secures Covid-19 vaccine supply for expanded immunization program
- Global Fund pledges support for Vietnam to end AIDS, TB and malaria
- It’s high time to scale up HPV vaccination
- Vietnam – exceptional example of fighting against HIV/AIDS: PEPFAR
- World Immunization Week: Vietnam encouraged to catch up childhood vaccinations
- First made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 herbal medicine announced
- Vietnam encouraged to eliminate malaria
New deals inked during Australia PM’s visit to Vietnam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 4, 2023
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options