May 1: Vietnam goes through 15 days without new coronavirus cases
Vietnam tops countries for the number of coronavirus tests per confirmed cases.
Vietnam has reported no new cases of local Covid-19 contagion over the past 15 days, keeping the total at 270 as of May 1.
|Social distancing orders have been eased after initital control of the pandemic. Photo: Taynguyennews|
The latest two new cases are Vietnamese students returning from Japan.
Up to 219 Covid-19 patients have been cured, accounting for 81% of the total infections, according to the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
Among 51 active cases, three namely Patient No.19, 91, and 161 are in critical condition. Patient No.91 is a British national who works as pilot for Vietnam Airlines.
|Vietnam tops countries for the number of coronavirus tests per confirmed case as of April 30. Source: Ourworldindata|
However, so far, nine convalescents have tested positive for the virus again.
As of May 1, the number of people under quarantine hit 47,735, including 272 at hospitals, 12,246 at government centers, and the remaining 35,217 are self-isolating at home and lodging facilities.
In another move, the government has stopped the purchase of drugs for Covid-19 patients in a scenario where infections may rise to 10,000.
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Hanoi Best Singing Voice Contest 2022 launched
Vietnam’s businesses urged to stay active in FTA utilization
Hanoi's students participate in fire safety knowledge training
One Year After, One Year Lost
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi