May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
The number of convalescents accounts for 86% of the total infections.
Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam were confirmed to have recovered on May 11, lifting the number of convalescents to 249, or 86% of the total infected cases.
On the day, no new infection case was detected in the community, keeping the total unchanged at 288, according to the Ministry of Health.
|Convalescents (green) and infections (red) of coronavirus in Vietnam. Source: Ministry of Health|
Among the 39 active cases, two are in critical condition, including a 50-year-old Vietnamese woman who returned from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on May 3 and a 43-year-old British man who is Vietnam Airlines’ pilot. Doctors in Vietnam are considering a lung implant for the male patient.
As of May 11, Vietnam has experienced 25 days without local transmission of coronavirus.
|Vietnam tops countries worldwide for the number of coronavirus tests per confirmed case. Source: Ourworldindata|
Domestic and international health specialists have attributed Vietnam’s low infections to the high ratio of coronavirus tests per confirmed cases. According to Our World in Data, the number of coronavirus tests per infected cases were 966.7 as of April 29.
So far, the number of people under quarantine reaches 25,361, including 373 at hospitals, 11,181 at concentrated centers and 13,807 at home and lodging facilities.
- Vietnam reports 70-100 human deaths from rabies each year
- Hanoi ensures treatment for patients infected with Adenovirus
- US sponsors ten more liquid oxygen systems for Vietnam’s hospitals
- Vietnam plans Covid-19 inoculation for six-month-old infants
- US intensifies healthcare cooperation with Vietnam
- Stronger regulations needed to control dietary supplements
- Hanoi's fifth fixed blood donation center opens
- Hanoi keeps vigilant against Covid-19
- UNFPA, MRI explore best models for Vietnam’s old persons
- DPM orders faster Covid-19 vaccination roll-out amid rising case number
Autumn specialties in Hanoi
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100