May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
Vietnam has reported no new coronavirus cases of local transmission since April 16.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health has confirmed one new coronavirus case on Monday, lifting the case count to 326.
|Since April 16, all new coronavirus cases in Vietnam have been imported. Photo: Zing|
The latest case is a student returning to the country from France on May 24. She and other passengers on the same flight were quarantined upon arrival.
Also on Monday, five more Covid-19 patients in the country recovered, raising the number of convalescents to 272 or 84% of the country’s total infections.
So far, Vietnam has gone 40 days without local transmission.
|Vietnam's coronavirus infections (red) and convalescents (green) over the last two weeks. Source: Ministry of Health|
Thanks to the results, Vietnam has reopened the economy and resumed tourist activities with a focus on domestic travelers. Borders remain closed, except for repatriation flights.
The government has been pursuing the dual goal of fighting the coronavirus and reviving the economy.
The National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control has continued conducting protective measures and called on people to uphold vigilance for the virus.
As of May 25, the number of people under quarantine was more than 15,400, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Vietnam steps up vigilance against deadly Marburg
- British couple thank Vietnamese health workers for saving their lives
- Vietnam closely monitors passengers from H5N1-stricken areas
- Hanoi to reduce third childbirth rate this year
- A Hanoi elite citizen with 24 years caring for people’s health
- Vietnam shows leading role in regional health services: US CDC
- Vietnam strengthens supervision at border gates to monitor new Covid-19 variants
- US, Vietnam can rely on each other: CDC
- Hanoi to ensure of Covid-19 vaccination course for children aged 5-11
- Hanoi to ensure medicine supply during Tet holiday
Vietnam aims for five international-standard cities by 2045
Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced