May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
Vietnam has reported no new coronavirus cases of local transmission since April 16.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health has confirmed one new coronavirus case on Monday, lifting the case count to 326.
|Since April 16, all new coronavirus cases in Vietnam have been imported. Photo: Zing
The latest case is a student returning to the country from France on May 24. She and other passengers on the same flight were quarantined upon arrival.
Also on Monday, five more Covid-19 patients in the country recovered, raising the number of convalescents to 272 or 84% of the country’s total infections.
So far, Vietnam has gone 40 days without local transmission.
|Vietnam's coronavirus infections (red) and convalescents (green) over the last two weeks. Source: Ministry of Health
Thanks to the results, Vietnam has reopened the economy and resumed tourist activities with a focus on domestic travelers. Borders remain closed, except for repatriation flights.
The government has been pursuing the dual goal of fighting the coronavirus and reviving the economy.
The National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control has continued conducting protective measures and called on people to uphold vigilance for the virus.
As of May 25, the number of people under quarantine was more than 15,400, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Hanoi hospitals to ensure quality healthcare during Tet
- Vietnamese doctors master single-port endoscopy
- EU Green Education: Significant to biodiversity protection in Vietnam
- Health sector joins efforts against climate change
- Treatment abroad no longer necessary for Vietnamese heart patients: Minister of Health
- Hanoi to host ASEAN Cardiology Congress 2023
- WHO praises Vietnam’s public health achievement
- Hanoi multiplies model of high-quality traditional medicine clinics
- Hanoi hospitals adjust service charges, remain confused about new pricing rule
- Hanoi to complete four major hospitals at gateways by 2025
Vietnam gears up efforts to establish domestic carbon market
Hanoi shows strong backing for financial tower project
Vietnam inspires global sustainable development: UN Coordinator
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21