May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
All the latest cases are Vietnamese nationals returning from UAE.
Vietnam confirmed 17 more people positive with SARS-CoV-2 on Thursday [May 7], all of them are Vietnamese nationals returning from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), taking the tally to 288.
|Vietnamese citizens at an airport in UAE on May 2. Photo: Bao Chi|
The newest-detected cases are among 297 Vietnamese citizens repatriated on a Vietnam Airlines flight on May 3. This was the first repatriation flight from the Middle East.
At present, 17 Covid-19 patients are under treatment at Bac Lieu Hospital in the southwestern province of Bac Lieu.
Of total 288 cases, 148 are from abroad and they were quarantined after landing in Vietnam while 140 others were found in the community.
|New coronavirus infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam from April 24 to May 7. Source: Ministry of Health|
As of May 7, Vietnam has undergone three weeks without new Covid-19 cases of local transmission. 233 Covid-19 patients have returned to normal health.
Since April 14, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines has brought back to the country 1,657 citizens. The repatriation gives priority to children under 18, the elderly, the sick, pregnant women, students having no dormitories, and those of special cases.
All the entrants are required to go through mass quarantine at concentrated centers for 14 days. The government of Vietnam offers free-of-charge quarantine, testing, and treatment of Covid-19.
- WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
- World AIDS Day: Vietnam sets out ambitious goals
- Kids in Hanoi to receive high doses of vitamin A
- Hanoi addresses students' mental health issues
- Hanoi strengthens periodic and unexpected inspection in school kitchens
- Hanoi sets targets for higher adult height by 2030
- Weekly Covid-19 update: Hanoi monitors new variants of coronavirus
- Japan supports Hanoi-based hospitals in training of rehabilitation for elderly
- Vietnam – Important health partner of the US: HHS
- Supervision over foreign entrants with monkeypox symptoms to be tightened at Noi Bai Airport
Vietnam, France to deepen strategic partnership
Hanoi eyes GRDP growth of 7% for 2023
Vietnam holds 1st International Arms Expo
Lucia – most beloved Swedish feast opens in Hanoi
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM