OCOP fair to open in Hanoi next month
The One Commune, One Product (OCOP) fair is expected to boost sales of local products and promote rural tourism.
A fair promoting Hanoi's agricultural and One Commune, One Product (OCOP) products will take place from December 9 to 12 in Hanoi's outlying district of Me Linh.
|Local consumers attend a recent OCOP trade fair in Hanoi. Photos: HPA|
The event is co-hosted by the Hanoi Centre for Investment, Trade, and Tourism Promotion (HPA) and the Me Linh District’s People’s Committee, aiming to strengthen the brand value of handicrafts and OCOP products while promoting rural tourism.
The fair will draw up to 80 booths displaying farm produce and OCOP products, traditional villages from Me Linh District, and other provinces and cities.
Visitors to the fair can experience traditional art performances and folk games, cultural exchange among ethnic groups, and make OCOP products themselves on-site.
|OCOP-labeled products are on display at a recent fair.|
Earlier, a series of fairs promoting OCOP and agricultural products associated with Hanoi’s tourism was held in the Ba Vi, Chuong My, and Phu Xuyen districts of Hanoi. The activities are expected to enhance trade linkage between the city and localities across the country in promoting the consumption of agricultural products.
The city is encouraging businesses in the industry, handicrafts, and community-based agri-tourism to join the OCOP program.
Hanoi plans to build five creative design centers by the end of 2023 to sell unique local products and promote handicraft villages associated with tourism in some key areas.
According to the action plan to develop the city’s OCOP program in the 2021-2025 period, the centers will be located in Bat Trang (Gia Lam District), Duyen Thai (Thuong Tin District), Chuyen My (Phu Xuyen District), Phu Vinh (Chuong My District), and Duong Lam (Son Tay Town).
- Hanoi conference boosts OCOP consumption
- Hanoi’s agriculture aims for sustainable export
- Hanoi strengthens trade and tourism ties with northwestern provinces
- Farming for the Future: Danish expertise for Vietnam’s green agriculture
- Farm to People: Cooperatives tap into e-commerce trends
- Digital transformation to make breakthroughs in Hanoi agriculture: experts
- Hanoi's agricultural sector strategizes for export expansion
- Amended Capital Law to boost urban ecological agriculture development in Hanoi
- 2nd Hanoi Agricultural Products Festival showcases 1,000 exhibits
- Hanoi to complete evaluation of OCOP products this month
Hanoi – Minsk close ties: Highlight of bilateral relations
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Hanoi weighs launch of Red River waterbus
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries