Vietnamese heritage painting competition launched
The competition aims to celebrate Vietnam's tangible and intangible heritage.
The opening ceremony of the painting competition entitled "Vietnamese Heritage in Fine Arts" was held on May 18, highlighting the importance of preserving cultural heritage and natural values.
|The lacquer painting titled "The Scenery of Thay Pagoda" by Pham Hau (1903- 1995)|
Participants in the contest have a chance to win a special prize worth VND100 million or nearly US$4,400, according to the Cultural Heritage Association of Vietnam.
The contest offers 17 with a total value of VND960 million (US$40,500), including the US$4,400 grand prize.
To Van Dong, Vice President of the Cultural Heritage Association of Vietnam (CHAV), said the event organizer calls for the participation of young local artists and art lovers who can depict the beauty and value of Vietnam's heritage through artworks.
"The contest aims to praise the value of heritage and spread the love for national heritage among Vietnamese youth. This will encourage them to foster the protection and preservation of heritage," he said.
Entries to the contest could be in the painter's choice of materials and genres with the themes of tangible and intangible heritages and beautiful landscapes.
Submissions should be sent to the organizers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, while the results will be announced in November 2023.
The organizer will select 100 best artworks for an exhibition at the Vietnam National Museum of Fine Arts in Hanoi to celebrate Vietnam's National Heritage Day on November 23.
In addition, the winning artworks will be widely used in publications, media, and social networks at home and abroad to promote the values of Vietnam's cultural heritage as well as Vietnam's tourism.
- Sydney Opera House and Hanoi's One Pillar Pagoda featured in newly unveiled mural
- Children's winning artworks displayed in Hanoi
- Art exhibition “Heart For Autism” to open in Hanoi
- Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
- Hanoi exhibition showcases 100 traditional branding proposals
- Overseas Vietnamese wins Silver Award at world’s prestigious flower exhibition
- Stunning Vietnamese landscapes in 35AWARDS Photography Award 2023
- Unique collection of 14th century Bat Trang ceramic artifacts on display
- Nguyen The Son reveals his Decade of Exposure
- Vietnamese heritage painting competition launched
Vietnam kicks off project to combat zoonotic disease risks from wildlife
Vietnam News Highlights for June 10
French-Vietnamese singer The Rodeo to perform in Hanoi
Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
Michelin stars to motivate Vietnamese cuisine
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet