Romantic Aster amellus flower adorns Hanoi's autumn
The Aster amellus flower was brought to Vietnam in the early twentieth century and has become one of the typical flowers in Hanoi's autumn.
In Hanoi’s late autumn, when other flowers begin to lose their petals, Aster amellus flowers (or European Michaelmas-daisy) bloom making numerous Hanoians fall in love with them amidst the cool weather..
The Aster amellus plant is present in the European mountains from the Pyrenees and the Alps to the Carpathians.
The flowering period extends from September to November. The hermaphroditic flowers are either self-fertilized or pollinated by insects. The seeds are an achene that ripens in October. The flowers are both white and purple.
The flowers were brought to Vietnam in the early twentieth century and have become one of the typical flowers in Hanoi's autumn.
Aster amellus reaches, on average, a height of 20–50 centimeters. The stem is erect and branched, and the leaves are dark green.
Aster amellus usually blooms in late autumn in pleasant weather.
Many young people take photos with Aster amellus to save their beautiful moments in late autumn.
The colorful flower of Aster amellus make an ideal photo backdrop.
Ngoc Mai, a girl living in Hanoi's Cau Giay District, shared with The Hanoi Times: "With the beautiful sunny weather in late autumn, I would like to take photos with heather flowers to save my moments. I like heather flowers because they are simple and suitable for photographing with a traditional Ao Dai long white dress.."
- Buckwheat flowers attract visitors to Ha Giang
- Selfies with the beautiful Tithonia diversifolia in Hanoi
- Vietnamese, Dutch government leaders tour Hanoi on bike
- Vibrant display: Ao Dai parade shines on Hoan Kiem Lake
- Hanoi's street filled with tons of "spooky" toys before Halloween
- Six hundred rowers compete at Hanoi Open Dragon Boat Racing Tournament 2023
- Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
- Shimmering Mid-Autumn Festival at Thang Long Imperial Citadel
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
Hanoi – Minsk close ties: Highlight of bilateral relations
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Hanoi weighs launch of Red River waterbus
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries