Some 200,000 doses of Vero-Cell vaccine donated by China arrive in Vietnam
The gift represents the sentiment of the Chinese military and government to the armed forces and people of Vietnam.
Some 200,000 doses of Vero-Cell vaccine and 201,600 disposable syringes gifted by the Chinese defense ministry to its Vietnamese peer arrived at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi on August 23.
At the event, the Chinese Ambassador to Vietnam, Xiong Bo, handed over the Covid-19 vaccine and the syringes to Senior Lieutenant General Hoang Xuan Chien, Deputy Minister of National Defence.
The Chinese ambassador said that the gift represents the sentiment of the Chinese military and government to the armed forces and people of Vietnam.
Chinese Ambassador to Vietnam Xiong Bo hands over 200,000 doses of Vero-Cell Covid-19 vaccine to Senior Lieutenant General Hoang Xuan Chien (right), Vietnam’s deputy minister of National Defense, at Noi Bai International Airport. Photo: VNA
Sen. Lieut. Gen. Chien thanked the Chinese side for the timely support, highlighting the practical meaning of the gift amid the complicated developments of the pandemic in Vietnam.
Earlier, on June 20, a Chinese donation of 500,000 Vero-Cell vaccine doses arrived in Vietnam.
Vero-Cell vaccine, produced by Sinopharm Co.Ltd, has been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and used in more than 70 countries, including those in Southeast Asia such as Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
The country has approved four Covid-19 vaccines so far, including AstraZeneca, Sputnik V, Vero Cell, Moderna, Janssen, and Pfizer.
Vietnam's domestic inoculation program, which started in March, has so far relied heavily on AstraZeneca vaccine.
Vietnam is tackling a more stubborn wave of infections. Its latest outbreak, in which the highly transmissible Delta coronavirus variant is dominant, has left 343,973 infections and over 8,250 fatalities since late April.
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
- Hanoi to administer fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines this week
- First two Vietnamese universities enter top 100 in Asia rankings 2022
- Vietnam makes world's first African swine fever vaccine
- Vietnam ranks 9th among global average intelligence quotient
- Vietnam tightens entry surveillance over fears of Monkeypox
- UNICEF calls upon Vietnam to address child undernutrition
Hanoi eyes cooperation with UK to develop clean energy
Northern Vietnam braces for first tropical storm of 2022
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge