State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc to attend APEC Summit in Thailand
Vietnam made its entry into the forum in 1998 and served as the host of the summit twice in 2006 and 2017.
State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc is scheduled to visit Thailand at the invitation of Prime Minister Paryut Chanocha and attend the 29th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders' Meeting to be held in Bangkok from November 16-19, according to a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
|State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc. Source: VNA|
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the strengthened strategic partnership between Vietnam and Thailand has made significant progress over the years, despite the severe impacts of Covid-19.
Thailand is currently Vietnam's largest trading partner among ASEAN members. In 2021, bilateral trade turnover rose by 18 % year-on-year to USD 18.8 billion. In the first nine months of 2022, the figure reached US$16.1 billion, up 17.2 %.
The 29th APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting will occur from November 14-19. Established in 1989, APEC is a regional economic forum aimed at harnessing the growing interdependence of the Asia-Pacific.
Vietnam joined the forum in 1998 and served as the summit host twice, in 2006 and 2017.
Thailand is hosting APEC 2022 with the theme "Open. Connect. Balance." This implies the country's priorities for APEC to be open to all opportunities, connected in all dimensions, and balanced in all aspects.
- ASEAN Tourism Awards 2023 honor 14 businesses of Vietnam
- Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in face of new int’l challenges
- Vietnam publishes book on Communist Party chief’s anti-corruption
- Vietnam, Russia mark 73rd anniversary of diplomatic relations
- Party General Secretary extends greetings for Year of the Cat
- Vietnamese people eager to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Norway Ambassador expects to visit pagodas in Hanoi in first Tet
- UNICEF promotes disadvantaged populations’ rights in Vietnam
- Vo Thi Anh Xuan serves as acting president of Vietnam
- Vietnam’s President resigns from office
$8 billion to be pumped into Vietnam’s Central Coast
Ly Quoc Su Food Street: not only famous for pho
Hanoians decorate stunning wild pear flowers after Tet
Hanoi takes drastic action to handle solid waste
Biggest northern Vietnam festival attracts tens of thousands visitors
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring