Vietnam among most searched places for visiting once travel ban lifted
Travelers start to make a list of destinations they want to escape to when Covid-19 is under control.
Vietnam ranked 31st among the most searched places for a post-lockdown holiday as travel restrictions have prevented tourists from jetting off across the world on holiday, according to Official ESTA, the US visa service company.
|Bac Son, Lang Son province. Photo: Vu Minh Quan (Facebook)|
Using Google Keyword Planner, the company analyzed the countries whose people are looking for their post lockdown travels by searching terms such as “Flights to X” and “Holidays in X”. Vietnam is searched 628,000 times each year, according to the report.
Italy is the most searched place among 220 countries and territories, followed by Maldives, Mexico, Thailand, Spain, Canada, Greece, Turkey, Japan and Australia. Meanwhile, some countries including Georgia, India, the US had zero searches for post lockdown travel.
Earlier, The Independent ranked Vietnam as the safest place to travel on holidays this summer.
Despite sharing a long border with China and a population of 97 million people, the Southeast Asian country’s swift reaction to the pandemic in early January, which involved travel restrictions, intensive contact tracing, the monitoring and eventual closure of the border with China, has stemmed the pandemic.
Professor Guy Thwaites, director of Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) in Ho Chi Minh City, said the Vietnamese government “very, very quickly acted in ways which seemed to be quite extreme at the time but were subsequently shown to be rather sensible”, according to the Independent’s article.
- Scuba tours in Nha Trang suspended to save coral reefs
- Vietnamese list among most willing travelers
- Vietnam nominated in 10 categories at World Travel Awards 2022
- Five destinations in Vietnam for Global Wellness Day
- Hai Van Pass and Ha Giang Loop amongst the most thrilling scenic drives in Asia
- Son Doong – World's largest cave honored on Google
- Strong recovery of domestic tourism
- Hanoi to hold a series of attractive tourism events for SEA Games 31
- Bustling tourism and aviation during Hung Kings holiday
- Top five historic destinations in Vietnam
New milestone in Vietnam’s relations with Hungary, UK
Northern Vietnam braces for first tropical storm of 2022
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge