Vietnam-France Decentralized Cooperation Conference opens
The Opening Ceremony will feature presentations on how Vietnam and France are linked and how the two countries cooperate on the local level.
Some 800 government officials, business executives, and organization leaders are attending the 12th Vietnam-France Decentralization Conference, which opens on April 14 in the capital city of Hanoi.
The opening ceremony featured remarks by high-ranking Vietnamese and French officials and presentations on Vietnam-France relations and decentralized partnership. The speeches will cover the prospects, difficulties, and solutions to improve local-to-local cooperation between the two countries.
The speakers also discussed the capacity of France and Vietnam to deal with the health and economic development crises that arise after a pandemic.
In addition, authorities from Hanoi and Toulouse reported on the results of the Vietnam-France decentralization partnership after the 11th conference in 2019 in the French city.
Conference attendees will join four working groups to discuss sustainable urban development, heritage and cultural preservation and tourism development, environmental protection and water management, smart city development, and digitalization.
The 12th Vietnam-France Decentralization Conference, attended by 50 Vietnamese cities and provinces and 12 French localities, is one of the key events marking the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries and the 10th anniversary of their strategic partnership.
The conference runs from April 14 to 16. It will feature joint meetings for officials, organization leaders, and business leaders, as well as activities to showcase the cultural features of Vietnam and France.
- Amended Capital Law ensures sufficient resources for Hanoi’s development quest: Mayor
- Smart home development helps Vietnam achieve 2050 net zero goal
- Hanoi raises environment protection awareness with writing contest
- Digital solutions and utilities for a smart future
- AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
- Hanoi deputies appreciate results of National Assembly's meeting
- Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
- Hanoi elevates golf tourism
- People-centric ITS for better traffic in Hanoi
- Planning essential to promote smart city development
Smart city development from international practices
Vietnam news in brief - December 1
Quan Chuong Gate brings Hanoi to life with 25 visual art performances
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries
Hanoi, British cities exchange experience in branding Creative City