Vietnam PM demands public vigilance in Covid-19 resurgence
The request was released just few days before Vietnam’s four-day holiday to celebrate the Reunification Day on April 30.
Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on April 26 asked local people not to play down the risk of Covid-19 resurgence amid growing infections in the neighboring countries of Cambodia and Laos.
|Vietnam’s Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at a meeting on April 26. Photo: VGP|
Locals need to be aware of local transmission risk and closely follow preventive measures themselves, the PM said in a document released on Monday.
Individuals are required to practice the 5K (in Vietnamese)-measure rule namely masking, disinfection, distance, no gathering, and medical declaration.
Heads of state bodies and local authorities need to update the pandemic situation outside Vietnam and supervise the implementation of safety protocols to be active in all situation. No unnecessary crowd gathering should be held.
Provinces bordering with Cambodia and Laos need to tighten control over illegal immigration by road and waterways. Meanwhile, heads of centrally-governed cities will assume responsibility for the community transmission in their localities.
Police and army are asked to continue being involved in the compulsory quarantine and post-quarantine health check, while health sector improving testing capacity and seek more vaccine supply as well as promote domestic vaccine production.
Inter-governmental teams need to keep a close watch on the entry of returning Vietnamese, foreign diplomats and experts.
According to The Khmer Times, Cambodia recorded more 10,000 cases while Laos reported nearly 500 infections as of April 26.
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
- Typhoon Noru coming on, Vietnam closes nine airports
Autumn specialties in Hanoi
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100