Vietnam ranks 9th among global average intelligence quotient
Intelligence quotient is a score derived from a set of standardized tests used to assess job applicants.
Vietnamese ranked ninth on a list of countries and territories with the highest average intelligence quotient (IQ), according to the 2022 Worldwide IQ test results released by Finnish enterprise Wiqtcom Inc.
Vietnamese people rank ninth globally, with an average IQ score of 109.37 and a standard deviation of 12.49. Screenshot: Nguyen Ngan
The information was posted on Wiqtcom's Worldwide IQ Test website earlier this month. The data showed that the Vietnamese have an average IQ score of 109.37 out of a theoretical maximum of 200, placing it between Italy (110.87) and Finland (109.2).
Among more than 100 countries and territories whose people participated in the IQ test, Taiwan ranked first with an average IQ score of 116.07, followed by Japan with 112.69.
Hungary came in third place with 111.42, followed by South Korea with 111.36, Iran with 111.33, Hong Kong with 111.01, Serbia with 110.09, and Italy with 110.87.
The Worldwide IQ Test, which has been conducting IQ tests around the world since 2019, is considered a reliable, accurate, and unbiased source.
IQ is a score derived from a set of standardized tests used for assessing job applicants.
Wiqtcom Inc’s tests are designed to measure the cognitive abilities of a person, such as their problem-solving skills, abstract thinking, and general knowledge.
As required by the IQ tests, a test taker needs to be able to speak a particular language, and understand complicated mathematical problems or certain meanings of an issue within the context of a culture.
Wiqtcom’s Worldwide IQ Test website will work out the IQ average score of a nation based on the participants’ testing results.
- Hanoi accelerates Covid-19 vaccination for all locals
- Initiatives lead to changes hospitals in Hanoi
- Communication matters immensely in combating Monkeypox: CDC
- Vietnam steps up surveillance amid monkeypox outbreak in 75 countries
- Hanoi confirms first Omicron BA.5 community infections, most cases have mild symptoms
- Public urged to get booster shots against Omicron subvariants
- BA.5 Omicron sub-variant detected in Vietnam
- Fourth fixed blood donation center opens in Hanoi
- Vietnam's biggest hospital equipped with new liquid oxygen system funded by US
- US CDC senior officials visit Vietnam to strengthen multi-country partnership
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi selected to support sustainable product value chains
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi verifies promoting Covid-19 vaccination as key task
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM