Vietnam to take advantage of CPTPP, EVFTA for economic recovery post Covid-19
With 16 FTAs in effect or under negotiation, Vietnam has been at the center of a global network of free trade that accounts for 59% of the world population and 68% of global trade.
During a new phase of global economic integration, Vietnam gives high priority to taking advantage of free trade agreements (FTAs), especially the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans – Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and the EU – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), for economic recovery, according to Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh.
|Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh at the meeting. Photo: VGP.|
The business community and business associations should play a more active role in realizing Vietnam’s commitments in FTAs, and propose measures to the government to boost competitiveness and efficiency in trade protection, Minh said at a government meeting on July 20.
With 16 FTAs in effect or under negotiation, Vietnam has been at the center of a global network of free trade that accounts for 59% of the world population and 68% of global trade. This status is mutually beneficial for Vietnam and its major trade partners, Minh added.
Minh requested government agencies to identify new potential markets and partners for for the diversification of Vietnam’s export products amid the complicated Covid-19 progression globally.
According to Minh, some notable achievements of Vietnam’s efforts in global economic integration over the past years included the signing and enforcement of the CPTPP; the ratification of the EVFTA; promoting the role of ASEAN Economic Community and the economic linkage between ASEAN and its partners; actively contributing to multilateral cooperation mechanisms, specifically the United Nations, the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Asia – Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), the Asia – Europe Meeting (ASEM), among others.
- Vietnam’s economy remains resilient amid weakening global demand
- Hanoi boosts e-commerce adoption in farm produce sales
- US urged to recognize Vietnam’s market economy status
- Vietnam desires stronger ties between ASEAN and China
- PM seeks stronger transport links with China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
- Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh touches down in China for Expo and summit
- Vietnam facilitates China-Southeast Asia economic cooperation
- The Hanoi Great Souvenirs 2023 fair opens
- Walmart supports Vietnamese businesses in expanding global reach
- Billion-dollar deals signed during US President Biden’s visit to Vietnam
Culture, cuisine, fashion converge at Hanoi Autumn Festival
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast - Sept. 30
Hanoi artisans preserve intangible culture
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future