Vietnam's transport authority proposes cutting flights from southern localities to Hanoi
The proposal stems from the Hanoi People’s Committee’s concern about the high risk of infection.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Transport (MoT) has proposed the Prime Minister cut the frequency of flights from southern localities to Hanoi to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
|Noi Bai - one of the busiest airports in Vietnam. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
Aviation authorities will reduce the frequency of Cantho/Ho Chi Minh City/Phu Quoc-Hanoi routes if the Prime Minister approves the request which was sent by the Hanoi People’s Committee to the MoT earlier.
The MoT offered two adjustment options, of which option one is to suspend the Cantho/Phu Quoc-Hanoi routes. Airlines are allowed to carry a maximum of 800 passengers a day in each direction of the route between Hanoi City and Ho Chi Minh City, instead of 1,700 currently.
Option two is also to suspend flights between Hanoi and Cantho and the resort island of Phu Quoc but allow only two round-trip flights per day in the HCMC-Hanoi route.
“In order to ensure the successful containment of the Covid-19 outbreak and the safety of people, we recommend the option two,” Deputy Minister of Transport Le Anh Tuan noted.
Airports in several southern provinces and cities of HCMC, Cantho, Phu Quoc, Rach Gia, Ca Mau and Con Dao are under social distancing measures. All routes to and from Rach Gia, Ca Mau and Con Dao have been halted, starting from July 19, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV)'s decision on July 18.
The CAAV will strictly supervise domestic transportation activities to and from southern provinces and cities until August 1.
- Hanoi, Gold Coast eye stronger partnership
- Vietnam expects to accelerate negotiations for Just Energy Transition Partnership
- Vietnam exports one step closer to US$368-billion target
- Vietnam to hold a 60-hour livestream shopping with numerous promotions
- Handicrafts: Key to socio-economic growth of Hanoi's district
- Hanoi's tourism shows strong recovery since March 2022
- Embassy key to boosting the Vietnam-Philippines economic relations: National Assembly Chairman
- Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
- Hanoi Midnight Sale offers high discounts to attract consumers
- Vietnam’s rice exports to beat records in 2022
Hanoi’s GRDP growth set to hit 8.89% in 2022
VinFast files for US public listing
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation