Vietnam vaccine passports recognized by US, UK
So far, at least four countries have officially recognized vaccine passports from Vietnam.
As of early November, four countries namely the US, Japan, the UK, and Belarus have officially recognized vaccine passports from Vietnam with specific requirements regarding the types of vaccines.
Meanwhile, India has agreed in principle with the immunity passports from Vietnam, Deputy Spokesperson Pham Thu Hang of Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said at the press briefing on Nov 4.
|A vaccine passport has been applied in some countries. Photo: Forbes.com|
Other partners including China, South Korea, ASEAN, and European Union countries are also reviewing vaccine passports from Vietnam, Hang said.
On the other hand, the government has agreed on a set of criteria to officially recognize vaccine passports from other countries.
Vietnam currently accepts Covid-19 vaccine passports from 72 countries and territories and negotiates with 80 other partners on the issue. “However the move remains a temporary solution before the country officially approves vaccination passports from other countries,” Hang said, adding that “The passport issuing countries must have the high safety index and high vaccination coverage.”
The vaccine passport template needs to be issued both online and in hard copy with a verification code, she added.
Given permission for vaccine passports, Vietnam would allow entry of people who are fully inoculated with a vaccine approved by either the World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Medicines Agency, or the Vietnam Ministry of Health for emergence use.
Hang also said that Vietnam is pondering about expanding the scope of subjects eligible to enter the country. The move would contribute to the reopening border for regular international commercial flights.
- EU Green Education: Significant to biodiversity protection in Vietnam
- Health sector joins efforts against climate change
- Treatment abroad no longer necessary for Vietnamese heart patients: Minister of Health
- Hanoi to host ASEAN Cardiology Congress 2023
- WHO praises Vietnam’s public health achievement
- Hanoi multiplies model of high-quality traditional medicine clinics
- Hanoi hospitals adjust service charges, remain confused about new pricing rule
- Hanoi to complete four major hospitals at gateways by 2025
- First Vietnamese physician nominated for WHO Western Pacific directorship
- Vietnam holds historic meeting to protect human, animal and environmental health
Launch of Resource Mobilization Plan for Vietnam’s low carbon journey
Vietnam news in brief - December 3
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries
Hanoi, British cities exchange experience in branding Creative City