Vietnamese domestic air carriers cancel 49 flights due to storm
Representatives from the air carriers said that besides the aforementioned, the other domestic flights will also be affected due to the storm.
As many as 49 flights of Vietnamese domestic air carriers have been canceled, leading to a series of other flights rescheduled due to the influence of storm Nakri, the six in Vietnam so far this year, in the central part of the country, Tuoi Tre news reported.
|Illustrative photo: Vietnam Invesment Review|
Accordingly, Vietjet announced the cancellation of 19 flights from Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Tuy Hoa, and some outbound departures. The air carrier also adjusted the time of seven flights on November 10-11.
Besides 20 canceled flights, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific announced to cancel an additional of eight flights in the afternoon and the evening of November 10.
Accordingly, Vietnam Airlines canceled six flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Da Lat, between Hanoi and Buon Me Thuat, between Danang and Buon Me Thuat and Buon Me Thuat and Ho Chi Minh City.
Jetstar Pacific canceled two more flights at night on November 10 between Ho Chi Minh City and Danang. While Bamboo Airways had two flights canceled on November 11 including the departure from/to Hanoi – Vinh.
Representatives from the air carriers said that besides the aforementioned, the other domestic flights will also be affected due to the storm. The passengers on the affected flights are compensated according to the regulation.
Storm Nakri has devolved into a tropical depression as it approaches central Vietnamese shores between Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa Sunday night (November 10), causing heavy rains and widespread blackouts, VnExpress reported.
- Japan helps Vietnam strengthen flood warning capacity
- WWF Vietnam launches "Preserving the Forests - Reuniting with Saola" campaign
- Hanoi schools join Young Health Program Vietnam
- Vietnam creates best conditions for foreign NGOs
- Hanoi takes actions for “Clean up the world” campaign
- Green Building Week promotes green practices in construction
- Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
- Hanoi calls for economic empowerment of ethnic minority women
- All apartments across Vietnam must be undergone fire safety inspection by mid-November: PM
- Vietnam responds to World Tourism Day 2023 by spotlighting green investments
Vietnam’s economy shows encouraging signs: AMRO
Vietnam news in brief - October 4
Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
Musical tells old Hanoi story
Decentralization, regulatory reform, fair compensation key to accelerating Hanoi's urban rail project
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor