Vietnamese students bag gold medals at World Invention Creativity Olympic 2023
At the contest, secondary and high school students worldwide were offered the chance to present their innovations.
All four Vietnamese students taking part in the 12th World Invention Creativity Olympic (WICO 2023) have pocketed gold medals, according to the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
The four Vietnamese gold medalists at the WICO 2023 held in South Korea. Photo: MoET
The winners are Vu Duc Manh, Nguyen Trong Phuc, Tran Phuong Linh, and Hoang Mai Phuc Thinh awarded the highest prize for their topic "Squid ink-derived nano melanin protects human skin fibroblasts against X-rays".
They all have been guided by Dr. Tran Thi Thanh Xuan, Head of the Biology-Technology Team at Le Hong Phong High School for the Gifted.
This marks the seventh time that Vietnam has attended the WICO and achieved high results. In 2019, two inventions by Vietnamese students also won gold medals at the competition.
This achievement once again affirms the capacity for scientific research and teamwork of Vietnamese students.
This year, the 12th WICO was held in South Korea’s capital city of Seoul between February 3 and 4, with the participation of nearly 1,000 contestants from 28 countries, including those with the world's best educational systems such as the US, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
The Vietnamese delegation participated in WICO 2023 with 99 members and 25 invention topics.
The WICO is an annual competition held by the Korea University Invention Association and sponsored by the South Korean National Assembly.
At the contest, secondary and high school students worldwide are offered the chance to present their innovations. It also encourages creative ideas, provides new insights, accelerates creativity, improves presentation skills, and establishes a global network.
- Hanoi gets new community library
- Competition on digital citizenship challenge for high school students kicks off
- Hanoi students bag five gold medals at Pangea Math World 2023
- Vietnam among four countries achieving gender parity in digital literacy: UNICEF
- Vietnam, Finland intensify education cooperation
- Vietnam asks educational institutions to develop Covid-19 response plans
- Human resource training matters to Vietnam's future: PM
- UNESCO Vietnam awards Youth Innovative Ideas for an Ocean without Plastic
- Hanoi: Various activities to celebrate Vietnam Book and Reading Culture Day 2023
- There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Vietnam’s exports to hit $618 billion by 2030
Vietnam News Highlights for June 1, 2023
Summer Online Safety Playground gives self-protection skills to children in Hanoi
Vietnamese Government urged to ban e-cigarettes
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options