Vietnamese volunteers vaccinated with highest dose of Covid-19 are in good conditions
All tested vaccines of Nano Covax are quite safe and the vaccine administration ensured the correct procedures.
Twenty volunteers who got 75 mcg shot of Nano Covax vaccine are in stable health, with no fever, Dr. Chu Van Men, director of the Center for Clinical Trial and Bioequivalence under the Vietnam Military Medical University, said on January 19.
Volunteers got the first test shot of Covid-19 vaccine on December 17, 2020. Photo: Viet Linh
Dr. Men added that all tested vaccines of Nano Covax are quite safe and the vaccine administration ensured the correct procedures. The volunteers are now under health supervision at home.
Nanocovax, produced by the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC, was Vietnam's first coronavirus vaccine to enter human trials. Data relating to the vaccine trials are being processed to be sent to the Ministry of Health.
The second phase of the trials could commence immediately after Vietnam’s traditional Tet holiday in mid-February with 560 volunteers.
Sixty volunteers participated in the first phase in which they were split into three groups to be administer 25 mcg, 50 mcg and 75 mcg doses.
Currently, the Vietnam Military Medical University continues to recruit volunteers to participate in the second phase of clinical trial with a number of about 400-600 people to speed up the Covid-19 vaccine trial.
Volunteers participating in the second phase will be between 18 and 50 years old, or even from 12 to 75 years old.
Vietnam has three other vaccines under development by the Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals, the Vaccine and Biological Production Company No. 1 and the Center for Research and Production of Vaccines and Biologicals.
The country has had 1,540 Covid-19 cases so far and 35 deaths. No community transmission has been recorded for over a month.
- All apartments across Vietnam must be undergone fire safety inspection by mid-November: PM
- Vietnam responds to World Tourism Day 2023 by spotlighting green investments
- South Korea-Vietnam Forum focuses on women’s role in peace and security
- Hanoi needs more specialized medical centers for elderly people
- Hanoi contest promotes village products
- Vietnamese wildlife conservationist wins international award
- Hanoi still needs more time to revive local rivers
- Women important in addressing plastic pollution in Vietnam
- Vietnamese schools and young eco-champions honored with ASEAN awards
- Hanoi steps up the fight against food safety violations
Vietnamese PM visits world’s 3rd largest civil aircraft manufacturer
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters