Viettel, Microsoft Vietnam seal cooperation in technology development
The ecosystem of Azure cloud and services related to data and artificial intelligence will enable Viettel to explore the potential of its business.
Viettel, the country's State-owned telecommunications operator, and Microsoft Vietnam have signed a strategic partnership agreement to promote technology solutions in various sectors and develop digital services in Vietnam.
|Viettel's headquarters in Hanoi, Vietnam. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Under the terms of the agreement, both companies will work together to develop and deploy cloud computing technology. Viettel's cloud infrastructure will be combined with Microsoft's Azure cloud platform to improve products, localize Microsoft applications, and distribute them in the country.
The agreement will enable Microsoft Vietnam's Azure Cloud to identify the challenges facing customers in the public administration segment.
Meanwhile, with the Azure cloud ecosystem and services related to data and artificial intelligence (AI), such as Azure Machine Learning, Azure OpenAI, Vietnamese firm Viettel will have the opportunity to collaborate, develop solutions and explore further business potential in popular services such as Speech Technology, OpenAI, and Chat GPT.
Viettel will also develop industry-specific service packages for partners in telecommunications, banking, security, and retail sectors, leveraging Microsoft's data technology and AI.
Under the deal, Microsoft will tailor its products to the Vietnam market to make them easier to use. Microsoft has established several successful cloud collaboration models with telecom service providers in Southeast Asia and globally, such as Jio, AT&T, LG U+, Vodafone, and Singtel, outlining specific collaboration opportunities between the two sides.
- AkzoNobel promotes sustainable practices in real estate industry
- Uniqlo opens another store in downtown Hanoi
- Prime Ministers witness signing ceremony of Signify-NIC cooperation agreement
- Maxilite's "Vietnam Favourite Colour" collection beautifies Vietnamese homes
- Hanoi Railway Transport posts record revenue
- Vietnam has new IDC data center in Hoa Lac
- Vietnamese excellent brands in 2022-2023 honored
- FPT and US firm collaborate to develop semiconductor workforce
- US$600 million Lotte Mall West Lake Hanoi opens
- FPT announces US investment, workforce development for AI and semiconductor
Launch of Resource Mobilization Plan for Vietnam’s low carbon journey
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast - December 2
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries
Hanoi, British cities exchange experience in branding Creative City