Viettel to build US$261-million data center in Vietnam
It is expected to be the largest data center in Vietnam.
Military-run Industry and Telecoms Group (Viettel) will build the largest data center in Vietnam with a total investment of VND6-trillion (US$261.8 million), which is located in Hoc Mon and Cu Chi districts, Ho Chi Minh City.
|Viettel will build a US$261-million data center in Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: JLL|
According to the investment memorandum, Viettel will accompany the two localities in digital transformation promotion, including digital infrastructure, digital government, digital economy, and digital society.
By 2025, the group will invest in 4G and 5G infrastructure to provide broadband services for 100% of the population and expand fiber-optic network coverage to 100% of households.
Regarding the digital government, it will also deploy and provide smart control center services, and a shared data center system for government operations and administration.
In the digital economy, the corporation will accompany the districts’ authority in achieving the set goals, including 100% of businesses using digital governance platforms, electronic contracts, and digital signatures.
For digital society development, all people in Hoc Mon and Cu Chi districts will receive support from the business and the authority to use smartphones and electronic payment accounts.
A recent report conducted by ResearchAndMarkets.com showed the Vietnamese data center market is projected to grow at a compound annual gross rate (CAGR) of 14.64% in the 2019-25 period to reach more than $1.6 billion by 2025.
Vietnamese telecom companies including FPT Telecom, CMC Telecom, Viettel, Vietnam Posts, and Telecommunications Group, operate a number of data centers, according to JLL.
- AkzoNobel promotes sustainable practices in real estate industry
- Uniqlo opens another store in downtown Hanoi
- Prime Ministers witness signing ceremony of Signify-NIC cooperation agreement
- Maxilite's "Vietnam Favourite Colour" collection beautifies Vietnamese homes
- Hanoi Railway Transport posts record revenue
- Vietnam has new IDC data center in Hoa Lac
- Vietnamese excellent brands in 2022-2023 honored
- FPT and US firm collaborate to develop semiconductor workforce
- US$600 million Lotte Mall West Lake Hanoi opens
- FPT announces US investment, workforce development for AI and semiconductor
Hanoi plans to relocate more universities
Vietnam news in brief - December 4
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries