Voter turnout reaches over 95% in general election
Such a high number indicates that voters nationwide have showed their responsibilities to the country's development.
The rate of voter turnout for the general election as of 5.30 p.m reached 95.65%, or over 66.2 million out of the total 69 million voters.
|Voters at Hoang Liet ward, Hoang Mai district. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
Secretary General of National Assembly Bui Van Cuong revealed the figure in a meeting with local media, with many provinces/cities reaching the rate of over 99%, including Ha Giang, Hau Giang, Hue, Vinh Long, Lao Cai, Cantho, Quang Ninh, Tra Vinh, or Quang Nam.
“Unless unexpected things come up, it is safe to say that the elections for deputies of the 15th National Assembly and all-level People’s Councils for the 2021-2026 have been successful,” Cuong said.
According to Cuong, such a high number indicates that voters nationwide have showed their responsibilities and contributed to the establishment of a socialist country that is adhered to the rule of law.
“Local provinces/cities’ efforts in preparing for the election have also been a key point leading to this positive outcome amid the serious Covid-19 situation,” Cuong added.
Cuong also pointed out to strict security measures that have foiled plots by hostile forces to undermine political-social order.
In Hanoi, as of 6.30 p.m, over 97% of voters in the city have casted their ballots, in which Ba Dinh district posted the highest turnout rate of 99.95% and Hoai Duc with the lowest of 93.48%.
Over 2,000 polling stations in Hanoi recorded a 100% of voter turnout rate, with Ba Vi has the highest figure of 197 polling stations with the 100% rate.
- Today’s Covid News: Vietnam to buy 10 million vaccine doses from Cuba
- Vietnam’s admission to UN: 44-year journey of a reliable global member
- Vietnam, Cuba to set up alliances in biotechnology
- Today’s Covid News: Vietnam allocates more Sinopharm vaccine
- Vietnamese President visits Cuba, scientific cooperation in spotlight
- Nearly 34,000 soldiers join pandemic fight in HCM City
- Vietnam approves Cuban Covid-19 vaccine
- Politburo requires Gov't to further focus on people's health
- Hanoi and HCMC finish first jab
- Putin pledges to support Vietnam in Covid-19 fight
Vietnam, Cuba to set up alliances in biotechnology
Vietnam urged to balance long-term trade interest amid China’s CPTPP application: Expert
Mooncake heats up in Hanoi’s supermarket amid pandemic
Boeing 737 Max aircraft expected to fly in Vietnam soon
Skillful hands: get-rich-quick secret of Ha Thai lacquer craftsmen
5G carries Vietnam hope for future
Vietnam receives 1.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses from France, Italy
Vn-Index set for upward trend from September 13-17
Vietnam looks for Finland experience in hi-tech, innovation