Weekend Book Street to enrich reading culture in Hanoi
The initiative aims to attract more local and international readers to Hanoi Book Street over the weekend.
The newly-launched event titled "Weekend Book Street" will be one of the highlights of Hanoi Book Street in Hoan Kiem District at the weekend.
|Artist Xuan Bac will join the weekend event at Hanoi Book Street. Photo courtesy of the event organiser|
This is an initiative of the Hanoi People's Committee to enrich the operation of Hanoi Book Street every weekend, making the place an attractive destination for Hanoians and foreign visitors.
The premiere program will begin this weekend, from December 31 to January 2, to celebrate New Year's Eve 2023.
There will be a host of activities, such as book launching ceremonies, instructions on how to read books effectively, craft workshops, bookbinding, cover drawing, a calligraphy contest, and instruction on making artistic flower arrangements.
In addition, some gastronomic events will also be organized, such as the practice of the Vietnamese tea ceremony; street cooking demonstrations; the corner of Hanoi specialties, among others.
Famous local and international artists will also give some performances and autograph books, enriching the spiritual life of Hanoi residents and visitors during the weekend.
- Dong Son bronze drum shows strong vitality of Vietnamese culture
- Vietnam Cultural Heritage Festival to bring heritage to public
- Glimpse of contemporary Italian cinema at Italian Film Festival 2023 in Hanoi
- Over 30 Vietnamese national intangible heritage added
- Hanoi: Imperial archives unveiled
- Rolling train kicks off Hanoi Creative Design Festival 2023
- Bangladeshi artists stage 'Legend of Youth' by Hanoi director
- Six Vietnamese films presented at Asian World Film Festival 2023
- Album by Vietnamese Ngot band nominated for 2024 Grammy Awards
- Impressive stage opens Vietnam International Fashion Week
Australian and Irish teachers walk for disadvantaged Vietnamese children
Vietnam news in brief - November 30
Quan Chuong Gate brings Hanoi to life with 25 visual art performances
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries
Hanoi, British cities exchange experience in branding Creative City