Apr 11, 2014 / 10:08
Wildlife protection contest launched for teenagers
A contest titled “Teenagers with wildlife protection” was launched in Hanoi on April 10 as part of activities marking International Day for Biological Diversity (May 22).
The contest aims to encourage young people to engage in wildlife conservation activities through creative approaches in combination with entertainment forms.
All youth union members, students and teenagers nationwide are entitled to take part in the competition, which focuses on raising awareness of the values of wildlife and the importance of wildlife and biodiversity protection.
Contestants are also encouraged to represent their viewpoints on wildlife preservation, call on the public to say no to products derived from wild animals, as well as build slogans, messages and actions on wildlife protection.
They can send their entries - songs, music performances, dances and dramas - recorded on CD or VCD, to the National Volunteer Centre at 64 Ba Trieu Street, Hanoi from April 10 to May 10.
An award ceremony for the winners is scheduled for May 22 in Hanoi.
- All apartments across Vietnam must be undergone fire safety inspection by mid-November: PM
- Vietnam responds to World Tourism Day 2023 by spotlighting green investments
- South Korea-Vietnam Forum focuses on women’s role in peace and security
- Hanoi needs more specialized medical centers for elderly people
- Hanoi contest promotes village products
- Vietnamese wildlife conservationist wins international award
- Hanoi still needs more time to revive local rivers
- Women important in addressing plastic pollution in Vietnam
- Vietnamese schools and young eco-champions honored with ASEAN awards
- Hanoi steps up the fight against food safety violations
Vietnamese PM visits world’s 3rd largest civil aircraft manufacturer
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters