Trophy copies for winning World Cup dreamers
Bat Trang craft village is known for its pottery, and now it is for making ceramic World Cup trophies.
Every four years, Bat Trang Pottery Village craftsmen in Hanoi’s Gia Lam District make earthen replicas of the golden World Cup.
|The World Cup replicas are finished and prepared for market distribution. Photo: Le Giang/The Hanoi Times|
During the World Cup 2022 tournament that is taking place in Qatar, tens of thousands of World Cup replicas have been made to help people know the feeling of being crowned world champion of football.
|The replica is made of silicon the same size as the real one. Photo: Le Giang/The Hanoi Times|
The trophy replica is made to the exact measures of the real one. Each replica weighs 0.7-1.2 kilograms. The price ranges from VND70,000 to VND100,000 each (US$2.82-4.02).
|After the replica is shaped, the craftsman will spray yellow color on the product. Photo: Nam Nguyen/The Hanoi Times|
According to craftsman Vuong Hong Nhat, his family has been making pottery for 17 generations. Nhat and his family started making the first World Cup replicas in 2010, but the product quality was not good back then.
|After spraying, further details will be drawn on the product. Photo: Nam Nguyen/The Hanoi Times|
By 2014, Nhat figured out the formula to make solid and firm products. His family now produces more than 5,000 replicas. In Bat Trang craft village, only 5-6 families make ceramic World Cup trophies.
|Craftsman Vuong Hong Nhat in Bat Trang craft village introduces the World Cup replica. Photo: Le Giang/The Hanoi Times|
Finished products are sold in all 64 cities and provinces in Vietnam for export. Most people use replicas as home/office decoration and competition rewards.
|The trophy replicas are packaged and ready to be sent to the markets. Photo: Nam Nguyen/The Hanoi Times|
- Hanoi targets 100% disbursement of public investment plan in 2023
- Hanoi plans to restore local relics with US$593.6 million
- Innovation-centered approach boosts Hanoi's performance in socio-economic growth
- First heatwave to hit northern Vietnam this week
- Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
- Hanoi's volunteers run in response to Earth Hour 2023
- Hanoi to hold scientific conference on mobilizing cultural resources for development
- Hanoi target urbanization rate of 75% by 2030
- Hanoi's second metro line delayed again
- Hanoi's specialties listed among 13 new national intangible heritages
Vietnam continues to push for stronger ties with US: PM
Hanoi should prioritize climate resilience in urban development: Experts
The SEA Games 32 torch arrives Hanoi
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition
Artisan turns Bodhi leaf into artwork
Hanoi Party chief urges greater decentralization efforts to aid growth