Trophy copies for winning World Cup dreamers
Bat Trang craft village is known for its pottery, and now it is for making ceramic World Cup trophies.
Every four years, Bat Trang Pottery Village craftsmen in Hanoi’s Gia Lam District make earthen replicas of the golden World Cup.
|The World Cup replicas are finished and prepared for market distribution. Photo: Le Giang/The Hanoi Times|
During the World Cup 2022 tournament that is taking place in Qatar, tens of thousands of World Cup replicas have been made to help people know the feeling of being crowned world champion of football.
|The replica is made of silicon the same size as the real one. Photo: Le Giang/The Hanoi Times|
The trophy replica is made to the exact measures of the real one. Each replica weighs 0.7-1.2 kilograms. The price ranges from VND70,000 to VND100,000 each (US$2.82-4.02).
|After the replica is shaped, the craftsman will spray yellow color on the product. Photo: Nam Nguyen/The Hanoi Times|
According to craftsman Vuong Hong Nhat, his family has been making pottery for 17 generations. Nhat and his family started making the first World Cup replicas in 2010, but the product quality was not good back then.
|After spraying, further details will be drawn on the product. Photo: Nam Nguyen/The Hanoi Times|
By 2014, Nhat figured out the formula to make solid and firm products. His family now produces more than 5,000 replicas. In Bat Trang craft village, only 5-6 families make ceramic World Cup trophies.
|Craftsman Vuong Hong Nhat in Bat Trang craft village introduces the World Cup replica. Photo: Le Giang/The Hanoi Times|
Finished products are sold in all 64 cities and provinces in Vietnam for export. Most people use replicas as home/office decoration and competition rewards.
|The trophy replicas are packaged and ready to be sent to the markets. Photo: Nam Nguyen/The Hanoi Times|
- It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
- Democracy key for Hanoi to address the bottleneck in public investment
- Hanoi expects to work with South Korea’s partners in smart city projects
- Nhon – Hanoi Station metro line ready for test run in December
- Hanoi promises support for world peace, prosperity
- Expert digs out Thang Long Imperial Citadel to affirm value of UNESCO heritage site
- Trophy copies for winning World Cup dreamers
- New findings about Thang Long Imperial Citadel revealed
- Hanoi fosters close ties with Havana
- Hanoi-based PCA office marks new era for city's legislation
Lively Black Friday atmosphere on the streets of Hanoi
Library of antique books and newspapers for Hanoi lovers
Hanoi expects to work with South Korea’s partners in smart city projects
Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam
Hanoi: Asia's Leading Tourism Destination 2022
Director Dang Nhat Minh honored with film on Hanoi lives
NA agrees to raise basic wage next July