Young contestants compete in Hanoi’s Singing Contest Semi-final
September 23rd was the first Semi-final day of the 2020 Hanoi’s Singing Contest where 81 contestants would be vying for the top awards. Remarkably, many of them aged only 16, 17 or 18.
This year’s contest is special not only because of the privileged contestants who have been directly qualified for the Semi-final, but also because of the young age of the singers, and it is these young candidates who have stood out with very good voices, personalities, confidence on stage, noticeable artistic qualities and prospects.
The contestants who made strong impressions on the Preliminary Round are Manh Dat (20 years old), Nguyen Ha Minh (17), Nguyen Linh Phuong (16) - students of the Military University of Culture and Arts, Do Duc Anh (20), Nguyen Phuong Linh (19), Nguyen Thu Ha (18), Dinh Thi Cam Le (16), and so on.
|The Hanoi Singing Contest has been the springboard for many talented singers in Vietnamese music such as My Linh, Tung Duong, among others.|
In addition, some privileged contestants directly qualified for the Semi-final are also formidable candidates, such as Nguyen Tuan Ngoc (professional singer), Ngo Van Luc (2017 Bolero Idol), Trinh Van Nui (Champion of the Da Nang Open Singing Contest), Le Thi Minh Ngoc (Ha Tinh “Morning Star”), Nguyen Thi Hoai (the North “Morning Star” top 4), Luong Duy Tung, Vu Quang Thien (Champion of “Morning Star”), among others.
This year, the Jury comprises famous and fairly young faces in showbiz. In particular, the appearance of Tung Duong and Duong Hoang Yen has brought a fresh breeze to the contest and inspire the contestants a great deal.
- Brand positioning of Hanoi as regional creative city
- Exhibition shows calligraphy combined with light installation
- Hanoi's 129-year-old architecture opens to public
- An explorer of ancient fine arts
- Artwork depicting Hanoi's St. Joseph's Cathedral on bonnet wins UOB Painting Award
- Hanoi Creative Design Festival 2003 to take place in mid-November
- Interior Design Student Festival: Celebrating Vietnamese culture
- “Hanoi Art Connecting” to attract 80 international artists from 30 countries
- Exhibition to promote wildlife conservation
- French painter and strong attachment to Hanoi
Launch of Resource Mobilization Plan for Vietnam’s low carbon journey
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast - December 2
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries
Hanoi, British cities exchange experience in branding Creative City