August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
The Hanoitimes - Community transmission has been reported in 10 cities and provinces.
Vietnam confirmed 34 coronavirus infections on Sunday, raising the caseload to 620, with six deaths over the past four days.
|Over the last few days, Vietnam has confirmed dozens of new infections per day|
As many as 16 new cases are from Danang, taking the tally in this beach city to 124 (including six recovered and four deaths) and turning the city into the hot spot of coronavirus outbreaks in Vietnam since July 25.
Besides, the novel coronavirus has been so far detected in 10 cities and provinces from the north to the south. 156 cases have been confirmed over the past three days.
On the same day, the country confirmed three deaths who are elderly with severe pre-existing diseases.
|Vietnam's local infections from July 25 to August 2. Source: Ministry of Health. Chart: Linh Pham|
Since the first locally-transmitted case was confirmed on July 25, Vietnam has reported 204 people positive with SARS-CoV-2.
Affected localities nationwide have conducted massive testing.
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 3.2% to US$13.76 billion in Jan-Sept
Vietnam ranks fourth on Agoda 2020 travel wishlist
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread