Vietnamese air carriers reduce domestic flights on Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Air carriers will limit transport services from and to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang and Phu Quoc from March 30 until April 15.
Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, and Bamboo Airways have been ordered to reduce the frequency of domestic flights until April 15, in a bid to the prevent the risk of contagion from pandemic-hit Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to other provinces and cities.
|Passengers are checking in Tan Son Nhat International Airport. (Photo: Tuoi Tre Newspaper)|
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on March 29 requested the Ministry of Transport to supervise the suspension of international services as well as curb domestic flights between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, except for special cases.
In addition, operators are asked to limit public transport services.
Earlier, on the same day, the Ministry of Transport sent a dispatch to the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV) about the suspension of flights between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and other domestic destinations.
Vietnam Airlines announced on the same day its reduction of domestic flights from March 30 until April 15, and will conduct other domestic flights of emergency.
The national air carrier will only operate one flight among Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Danang and Phu Quoc; other routes are suspended until further notice.
Meanwhile, Bamboo Airways and Jetstar Pacific also cut many domestic routes such as Hai Phong – Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City – Danang, while Vietjet Air will operate three flights per day on the Ho Chi Minh City – Danang route.
According to Vietnam Airlines, it will also assist domestic passengers affected by the Covid-19 pandemic to change departing time in accordance with its regulations.
From March 25, all planes of Vietnam Airlines to Hanoi, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City are disinfected and those in operation are sanitized once a day.
- True Italian Taste 2020 held to promote Italy-Vietnam trade
- Vietnam considers reopening bars, karaoke parlors: gov’t officials
- Low credibility hinders development of e-commerce in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s airlines resume normal schedule of domestic flights
- Vietnam trade surplus narrows to US$1.9 billion in Jan-May
- Int'l arrivals to Vietnam keep falling on border closure
- Vietnam keeps borders shut to foreign tourists
- Vietnam parliament set to ratify trade deal with EU at ongoing gathering
- Vietnam aviation industry revived after social distancing orders removed
- Vietnam airports required to tighten Covid-19 prevention measures
Vietnam PM urges cooperation foreign partners to develop military weapons
Vietnam to raise taxable personal income threshold from July
Hanoi, HCMC among most popular travel destinations in Asia
June 4: Vietnam cures up to 92% of Covid-19 patients
Vietnamese shoppers prefer cashless payments
Long road for Vietnam towards complete economic recovery: World Bank
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river