Air pollution in Hanoi persists on January 15
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the last 24 hours in the city has ranged from 125 to 181.
Air pollution in Hanoi remains severe in the last 24 hours, with most of air quality readings standing at the bad and very bad levels, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On January 15 afternoon, the AEP informed that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 125 to 181.
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality was mostly at the bad and very bad levels at many monitoring stations. Air quality in Hanoi yesterday even worsened to the unhealthy level (purple), severely harmful to human health. January 13 has been the most polluted day since early 2020.
Today's indexes decreased slightly but remained bad and very bad at all ten monitoring stations.
The highest AQI was recorded in Minh Khai (181). Other areas such as Hoan Kiem, Tay Mo, Kim Lien saw the index above 150. Tan Mai’s AQI was recorded at 125, the lowest reading for today.
The AEP repeated the recommendations that sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
People should reduce activities that cause air pollution such as burning waste, cooking by charcoal stoves, transporting construction waste without shielding.
Information on the capital city’s air quality is continuously updated at the website: https://moitruongthudo.vn/ and https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn/.
- Hanoi, Vientiane share experience in improving efficiency of elected bodies
- Hanoi and Hoa Binh join hands to promote agro-produce sale
- Hanoi commits to taking relations with Vientiane to new height
- Prices of flowers and fruits for July full moon day up in Hanoi
- Exhibition enhances Hanoi-Vientiane relationship
- Hanoi-Vientiane cooperation strengthened in all spheres
- Hanoi, Vientiane cooperation should be model for both sides: Vietnamese top leader
- Hanoi VCFA eyes stronger Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- Hanoi accompanies Vientiane on road toward prosperity: Mayor
- Hanoi, Vientiane to set example in inter-provincial cooperation
Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Vietnam, UN accelerate Sustainable Development Goals in 5-year cooperation
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi
Vietnam's investment in education accounts 18% of total state expenditure
People and businesses urged to take part in the digitalization: PM
Hanoi, Seoul to promote trade unions' cooperation