Air pollution in Hanoi persists on January 15
Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the last 24 hours in the city has ranged from 125 to 181.
Air pollution in Hanoi remains severe in the last 24 hours, with most of air quality readings standing at the bad and very bad levels, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On January 15 afternoon, the AEP informed that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 125 to 181.
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality was mostly at the bad and very bad levels at many monitoring stations. Air quality in Hanoi yesterday even worsened to the unhealthy level (purple), severely harmful to human health. January 13 has been the most polluted day since early 2020.
Today's indexes decreased slightly but remained bad and very bad at all ten monitoring stations.
The highest AQI was recorded in Minh Khai (181). Other areas such as Hoan Kiem, Tay Mo, Kim Lien saw the index above 150. Tan Mai’s AQI was recorded at 125, the lowest reading for today.
The AEP repeated the recommendations that sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
People should reduce activities that cause air pollution such as burning waste, cooking by charcoal stoves, transporting construction waste without shielding.
Information on the capital city’s air quality is continuously updated at the website: https://moitruongthudo.vn/ and https://airhanoi.hanoi.gov.vn/.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world