Apple partner to invest additional US$101 million in Vietnam
A number of Taiwanese investors are interested in investing Vietnam.
Apple’s partner Pegatron has been approved an additional US$101 million investment in Vietnam by the Taiwanese authorities.
|The perspective of Pegatron's facility in Haiphong's Nam Dinh Vu IP. Photo: Pegatron|
The investment in Vietnam will be poured in the production and sales of computers and communication equipment, and electronic components.
The Investment Commission under the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs is responsible for the approval of foreign investments by Taiwanese companies.
Last September, the Taiwanese company, a major partner of Apple, Microsoft and Sony, announced its plan of investing US$1 billion in three stages to build a manufacturing complex at Nam Dinh Vu Industrial Park in the northern city of Haiphong.
Last October, the company was awarded license for a US$481 million manufacturing project to produce gaming equipment, phone accessories, smart speakers, game controllers, and all kinds of computers in the port city of Haiphong.
Established in Vietnam in March 2019, the investor planned to move its research & development center from China to Vietnam for the 2026-27 period.
Besides Pegatron, the Taiwanese company Hon Hai Precision Industry, known as Foxconn, and Wistron Corporation are key suppliers to Apple.
- Vietnam seeks US support for semiconductor development
- US International Development Finance Corp to advance strategic relations with Vietnam
- Saudi’s major corporations plan to expand investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam to speed up US$59-billion high-speed train project
- Economic diplomacy catalyzes Vietnam’s development: PM
- Vietnam moves up 12 places in EIU’s business environment ranking
- Vietnamese Gov’t aims to approve North-South express railway project by 2025
- US-based infrastructure investment fund promises US$1 billion for Vietnam
- Vietnam ready upgrade US ties on 10th anniversary of comprehensive partnership
- Largest-ever US business delegation seeks investment opportunities in Vietnam
China’s President Xi Jinping to visit Vietnam next week
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Veteran journalist's memoir recalls great moments in history
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries