Apple partner to invest additional US$101 million in Vietnam
A number of Taiwanese investors are interested in investing Vietnam.
Apple’s partner Pegatron has been approved an additional US$101 million investment in Vietnam by the Taiwanese authorities.
|The perspective of Pegatron's facility in Haiphong's Nam Dinh Vu IP. Photo: Pegatron|
The investment in Vietnam will be poured in the production and sales of computers and communication equipment, and electronic components.
The Investment Commission under the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs is responsible for the approval of foreign investments by Taiwanese companies.
Last September, the Taiwanese company, a major partner of Apple, Microsoft and Sony, announced its plan of investing US$1 billion in three stages to build a manufacturing complex at Nam Dinh Vu Industrial Park in the northern city of Haiphong.
Last October, the company was awarded license for a US$481 million manufacturing project to produce gaming equipment, phone accessories, smart speakers, game controllers, and all kinds of computers in the port city of Haiphong.
Established in Vietnam in March 2019, the investor planned to move its research & development center from China to Vietnam for the 2026-27 period.
Besides Pegatron, the Taiwanese company Hon Hai Precision Industry, known as Foxconn, and Wistron Corporation are key suppliers to Apple.
- Bolstering Australia-Vietnam investment cooperation for mutual benefits
- Sojitz, Vinamilk to invest in $500-million beef project in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Japan sign cooperation agreements worth billions of US dollars
- Vietnamese PM calls for Japan’s support of new-generation ODA
- Vietnamese Gov’t sets up 6 task forces to accelerate public investment
- Vietnamese automaker VinFast opens US headquarters in Los Angeles
- Hanoi-based e-commerce platform raises US$22.5 million led by VNG
- Hanoi to have new airport in 2030-2050
- Vietnam-based Tiki secures $258 million in series E funding
- Vietnam calls for foreign investment in 157 projects
Hanoi gains significant results in Covid-19 fight: People’s Council deputies
Vietnam to resume int’l commercial flights from December 15
Hanoi to phase out motorbike in core districts after 2025
Memories of Christmas 1972 in Hanoi
Vietnam through the lens of international photographers
‘Designed by Vietnam 2021’ Contest crowns pandemic-inspired fashion
Samsung urged to speed up construction on R&D center
Vietjet Air to operate direct flights to Russia in mid-2022
Fostering creativity from Hanoi’s cultural resources