Close-up of Hanoi’s longest river-crossing bridge
The five-kilometer bridge connects Hanoi and nearby areas, facilitating traveling and livelihoods in the region.
Vinh Thinh Bridge crossing the Red River, a major river of northern Vietnam and connecting Son Tay Town of Hanoi with Vinh Tuong District of Vinh Phuc Province is the longest river crossing bridge in the country.
The bridge is also one of the most important works that gave a facelift to Hanoi's traffic 15 years after the adjustment of administrative boundaries.
Vinh Thinh Bridge was put into operation ten years ago to connect National Highway 32 and National Highway 2, Noi Bai-Lao Cai Expressways and Ho Chi Minh Road into a complete transportation system. The bridge helps link the capital's center with the northern provinces of Vinh Phuc, Phu Tho, Yen Bai, Lao Cai, and Tuyen Quang.
Vinh Thinh Bridge was opened to traffic in June 2014 after three years of construction.
The project costs a total investment of US$137 million.
The bridge is more than five kilometers long.
Vinh Thinh is a concrete bridge designed to withstand strong earthquakes.
The bridge is 16.5 meters wide with four lanes.
The bridge ramp is designed for a speed of 80 kilometers per hour.
The bridge helps relieve traffic congestion on major roads when traveling through downtown Hanoi.
Vinh Thinh Bridge matters a lot to Hanoi's industrialization and modernization.
- Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
- Shimmering Mid-Autumn Festival at Thang Long Imperial Citadel
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
- Vietnamese national flag flies high on National Day
- Hanoi's Instagram-worthy places in Autumn
- Hanoi launches public bike-share service
- Close-up of Hanoi’s longest river-crossing bridge
- Statue of King Le - the oldest bronze architecture in Hanoi
- Exploring largest indoor aquarium in Hanoi
Green Future promotes Vietnam-Denmark cooperation for sustainable growth
Vietnam news in brief - October 3
Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
Decentralization, regulatory reform, fair compensation key to accelerating Hanoi's urban rail project
Hanoian beauty crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2023
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation