FTA promotes Vietnam-Chile agricultural trade
The Vietnam-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA), entering into effect early this year, will usher in a prosperous future for agro-forestry and husbandry exchanges between the two countries.
The assessment was recently made by the Chilean Bureau for Agricultural Studies and Policies under the Chilean Ministry of Agriculture, noting the above commodity categories constitute 10.7% of bilateral trade turnover.
Agro-forestry and husbandry trade turnover totalled US$60.2 million in 2012. Chile earned US$48.4 million from exports to Vietnam and purchased US$11.8 million in imports—annual improvements of 23.8% and 34.3% respectively.
In the first nine months of 2013, Chile’s agricultural exports were valued at US$37 million, up 3.2%. It imported US$17.3 million worth of comparable Vietnamese products, up 166%. Chile’s key export commodities included forestry products (62.2% of total export turnover) fresh grapes, and wine.
The FTA specifies 72% of Chilean exports to Vietnam will enjoy zero tariffs and the ratio will increase to 83% within the first 11 years. Meanwhile, 83% of Vietnamese exports to Chile will be granted import tax exemptions immediately.
The bureau said the FTA will be most beneficial to Vietnam’s fresh fruit, pork, and beef product exports.
- Hanoi residents enjoy plum and safe specialties from Son La
- Hanoi to become processed goods export hub
- Vegetable and fruit exports expected to hit $4 billion this year
- Agricultural safety expo draws 100 businesses to Hanoi
- Hanoi's high-tech agricultural zones get a new boost
- Vietnamese OCOP products to be showcased at European handicraft fair in Italy
- Hanoi hosts craft villages and farm produce festival
- Hanoi Concentrated Promotion Program 2023 to kick off in May
- Vietnam ready to share experience with partners in food security
- Hanoi, Vientiane partnership to develop craft villages
New deals inked during Australia PM’s visit to Vietnam
Vietnam News Highlights for June 5, 2023
Covid-19 meets criteria for influenza status in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options