German Film Week in Vietnam to cheer on people observing stay-at-home order
Goethe Institute in Hanoi introduces a series of German films to help relieve people’s stress during social distancing.
With the desire to bring moments of relaxation as well as entertainment to the audience and help them learn about German Culture, the Goethe-Institute has selected four films to be screened on this occasion.
|A scene from the movie ‘Too far away’ (2019) by director Sarah Intestate|
The selected films will be broadcast in German with Vietnamese subtitles, are very recent productions, and capture the prevailing themes in Germany.
German Film Week 2021 in Vietnam will run from August 28 to September 18. There will be a movie to be broadcast online at 8pm every Saturday on https://goethe-on-demand.de. After the online premiere, each movie will be available for a week so that the audience can watch as many times as they wish.
The film entitled ‘Too far away’ (2019) by director Sarah Intestate, which will be on screen at 8pm on August 28 will open the German Film Week 2021.
The film tells the story of the 11-year-old Ben who has to leave his home village with his family for a big city due to the lignite mining in their birthplace.
In his new school, he meets another new boy, the 12-year-old Tariq, a refugee boy from Syria. Ben is a newcomer at the new school, while Tariq not only steals the show in class but also on the soccer field. But the two boys share more things in common than they think, and they quickly become friends.
‘Too far away’ film will be available as video on demand until September 3, 2021.
- Vietnamese films will be screened at World Exhibition EXPO 2020 Dubai
- Book of performing arts and traditional folk introduced
- Japanese artist introduces Butoh dance
- A Vietnamese footballer in the list of ‘Five youngsters illuminating Lithuania’
- Various activities to celebrate traditional Mid-Autumn Festival
- Germany Film Week to close with “Amelie Rennt”
- Hanoi to organize online festival “Lantern lights up dreams”
- Online display to celebrate traditional Mid-Autumn Festival
- Art performance to inspire people amid outbreak
- Vietnamese children’s picture book featured on US press
Vietnam Gov’t to further promote public-private partnership in all fields: PM
Vietnam to gradually reopen tourism
Book of performing arts and traditional folk introduced
Today’s Covid News: Germany donates 2.6 million vaccine doses to Vietnam
Vietnam successfully produces first batch of Russian Covid-19 vaccine
Hanoi seeks further support from Russia in vaccine supplies
Aerial view of traditional soya sauce wins International Photo Award
The winning artworks of “Ha Noi is…” Illustration Contest announced
Vietnam’s wood industry strives to extend its reach globally