Hanoi approves investment plan of six public projects
The municipal People’s Council has approved six out of 11 projects proposed by the Hanoi People’s Committee.
The 15th Hanoi People’s Council, corresponding to the 2016 – 2021 tenure, in its 17th meeting on November 10 ratified a resolution on the investment of six projects using the state budget, with the endorsement of 100% of its deputies present.
Deputies of Hanoi People's Council ratify six public projects. Photo: Thanh Hai
Under the proposal of the Hanoi People’s committee, the number of projects subject to approval at this session were 11 with total investment capital of VND1.81 trillion (US$77.76 million). They are set to be executed in the 2021 – 2025 period.
However, the municipal People’s Council has agreed on the construction of six projects under its competence, including (1) the office building for the Party Committee, People Council and People Committee of Dan Phuong district; (2) the office building for Party Committee, People Council and People Committee of Thuong Tin district; (3) upgrade of Tran Hung Dao High school in Thanh Xuan district; (4) upgrade of Chuong Duong Do street in Hoan Kiem district, section from the Bach Dang street junction to the bank of the Red river; (5) expansion of Tran Quoc Vuong street with construction of a road of 17.5 meters in width and a road from Tran Quoc Vuong to Duy Tan alley No.86, Dich Vong Hau ward, Cau Giay district; (6) upgrade of the irrigation system T0-5-2 in Dan Phuong district.
Meanwhile, the remaining five transportation projects are under the competence to approve of people’s councils at district level.
- Hanoi to push for decentralization scheme in local units: City Party chief
- Hanoi determined to preserve its "green lung"
- Hanoi to build two new cities, creating springboard for Hoa Lac, Noi Bai areas
- UNESCO promises tight partnership with Hanoi in heritage and relic conservation
- Hanoi targets 100% of population with accounts on public services portal
- Hanoi holds Olympic Day Run 2023
- Re-enacting an 80s and 90s style wedding in Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Hanoi urged to speed up digital transformation in smart city construction
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world