Hanoi book fair to open in October
The book fair in the capital city aims to foster a reading culture among Hanoians.
Hanoi will organize the 8th Hanoi Book Fair at the Hoan Kiem Lake Pedestrian Street from October 6 to 8.
|The space of Hanoi Book Fair 2022. Photo: Hoi sach Ha Noi|
With the theme "Lighting the Fire of Knowledge-Creating the Future", the event is one of the activities to celebrate the 69th anniversary of Capital Liberation Day (October 10), the 70th anniversary of the Publication, Printing, and Distribution Day (October 10), and to implement the Government's plan to develop the reading culture in Hanoi.
The book fair aims to raise public awareness of the importance of reading in improving knowledge and skills, developing thinking and cultivating personality, and gradually building reading habits in families, schools, agencies, organizations, and communities.
The Hanoi Book Fair 2003 is expected to attract the participation of local and international publishers who will present various genres of books in 200 to 250 booths, ranging from comic books, novels, literature, and political literature to bookworms.
The highlight of the book fair will be a bookshelf introducing the culture and history of Thang Long-Hanoi. As usual, the side activities of the event include book launch ceremonies, book trading activities, and book copyright exchange.
For many years, the Hanoi Book Fair has become an annual cultural activity that attracts great interest from the community.
- Hanoi pledged to accelerate Japan’s ODA-funded projects
- Hanoi weighs launch of Red River waterbus
- Hanoi – Minsk close ties: Highlight of bilateral relations
- Hanoi sets economic growth target of 7% in 2024
- Hanoi is World's Leading City Break Destination
- Hanoi to spend $400 million on fire prevention
- Hanoi plans to relocate more universities
- Hanoi upholds heritage education for students
- Amended Capital Law helps bolster urban railway connectivity to Hanoi’s periphery
- Hanoi to pilot two bicycle lanes
Must-visit tourist attractions in Hanoi's mountainous district
Vietnam news in brief - December 9
Greatest works of arts on display at Hanoi Museum
Hanoi to start construction of second airport in 2040
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development