Hanoi charms as city of red phoenix blossom
Every year around the end of May and the beginning of June, the phoenix flowers bloom on the streets of Hanoi, a kind of flower typical for summer.
Around the end of May to mid-June is the most beautiful time for blooming phoenix flowers, signaling the end of a school year and the official start of Summer vacation.
Translated from its Vietnamese name of "Hoa Phuong", "Phoenix" is also called Delonix regia or red flamboyant flowers.
The iconic flora of Summer in Hanoi, the bright red flower has a unique brilliant beauty.
Since the 19th century, phoenix flower trees have been extensively planted on Hanoi's pavements to provide shade in Summer.
However, it blooms when students are about to say goodbye to school and friends for their Summer vacation, the phoenix flower is considered a symbol of student life by Vietnamese people.
- Buckwheat flowers attract visitors to Ha Giang
- Selfies with the beautiful Tithonia diversifolia in Hanoi
- Vietnamese, Dutch government leaders tour Hanoi on bike
- Vibrant display: Ao Dai parade shines on Hoan Kiem Lake
- Hanoi's street filled with tons of "spooky" toys before Halloween
- Six hundred rowers compete at Hanoi Open Dragon Boat Racing Tournament 2023
- Dreamy beauty of Thang Long Citadel in reed season
- Shimmering Mid-Autumn Festival at Thang Long Imperial Citadel
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
Hanoi – Minsk close ties: Highlight of bilateral relations
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Hanoi weighs launch of Red River waterbus
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries