Hanoi charms as city of red phoenix blossom
Every year around the end of May and the beginning of June, the phoenix flowers bloom on the streets of Hanoi, a kind of flower typical for summer.
Around the end of May to mid-June is the most beautiful time for blooming phoenix flowers, signaling the end of a school year and the official start of Summer vacation.
Translated from its Vietnamese name of "Hoa Phuong", "Phoenix" is also called Delonix regia or red flamboyant flowers.
The iconic flora of Summer in Hanoi, the bright red flower has a unique brilliant beauty.
Since the 19th century, phoenix flower trees have been extensively planted on Hanoi's pavements to provide shade in Summer.
However, it blooms when students are about to say goodbye to school and friends for their Summer vacation, the phoenix flower is considered a symbol of student life by Vietnamese people.
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
- Vietnamese national flag flies high on National Day
- Hanoi's Instagram-worthy places in Autumn
- Hanoi launches public bike-share service
- Close-up of Hanoi’s longest river-crossing bridge
- Statue of King Le - the oldest bronze architecture in Hanoi
- Exploring largest indoor aquarium in Hanoi
- Ha Dong District after 15 years of administrative boundary adjustment
- Valuable artifacts inside Hanoi's military-themed museum
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters