Hanoi displays handicrafts, ornamental plants
Handicrafts and ornamental plants in Long Bien District, Hanoi will be showcased in a week-long event amid efforts to boost consumption ahead of Tet holiday.
Many attractive cultural and commercial activities are taking place during the Long Bien District’s Week of trade - handicrafts - ornamental plants 2022.
|Many consumers and visitors attend the event. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
The main activities take place in three zones covering trade, handicrafts and an exhibition of ornamental plants.
The trade zone has 60 stalls promoting and presenting processed products from agriculture, forestry and fisheries, as well as essential consumer goods from 45 local producers and trading companies.
The handicrafts area includes 80 stalls with typical products made of copper, wood, stone, bamboo and rattan.
An exhibition on ornamental plants displays more than 5,000 works by 150 artisans and gardeners from all over the country.
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the Week on November 4, Vice Chairman of the Long Bien District People’s Committee Vu Xuan Truong emphasized that trade promotion is one of the tasks performed for local socio-economic development.
“The Week is one of the promotional activities, and helps consumers access quality products at preferential prices,” he underlined.
The week is also a practical activity to respond to the "Vietnamese prioritize the use of Vietnamese products" campaign, he added. "It has supported enterprises to strengthen business connections and cooperation, promote more widely the consumption of local products and brands among consumers."
- Hanoi, Gold Coast eye stronger partnership
- Vietnam expects to accelerate negotiations for Just Energy Transition Partnership
- Vietnam exports one step closer to US$368-billion target
- Vietnam to hold a 60-hour livestream shopping with numerous promotions
- Handicrafts: Key to socio-economic growth of Hanoi's district
- Hanoi's tourism shows strong recovery since March 2022
- Embassy key to boosting the Vietnam-Philippines economic relations: National Assembly Chairman
- Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
- Hanoi Midnight Sale offers high discounts to attract consumers
- Vietnam’s rice exports to beat records in 2022
Promote the heritage of Thang Long Imperial Citadel in France
VinFast files for US public listing
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation